Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#403032 11/08/00 01:55 AM
O
oswald Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Just a thought, I know it may be a bit irrelevant but I’ve decided now is the time to try and quit smoking. If I’m going to suffer from violent mood swings, irrational behavior, self-hatred, depression, anxiety, denial, etc. etc. How much can I actually notice chemical dependency withdraw?<BR>Sorry this may be a bit off subject, but there is truth in humor and it helps.<P>Anyone else have a bad habit to kick? (Spouses don’t count) Let’s hear about it, maybe now is the time.<BR>

#403033 11/07/00 02:18 PM
I
I
Oswald,<BR>Are you living with your wife or are you alone? I read your last posting, you were packing your bags and a book.<P>The reason I ask is, if your trying to work things out with your wife, will trying to kick the smoking habit make you even more aggitated and you may LB or want to LB more?<P>I never smoked, so I don't know what kicking a smoking habit is like. But I have seen other people due it and they seemed kind of nervous for a while at first. Maybe the patch or one of those kicking the habit kits they sell in the store may help you.<P>Those are my thoughts on that!<P>Take care!

#403034 11/07/00 02:23 PM
S
S
Not a bad habit as such, but since I lost so much weight in the last few days, and have needed to diet for many years, I decided I'd go ahead and use this as a springboard.<P>Who knows, when my W comes out of her fog she may even find a new, slimmer, me, waiting for her there!

#403035 11/07/00 03:22 PM
O
oswald Offline OP
OP Offline
O
ihurt - No I took my bags home that was one of those really, REALLY, bad days. My W and I are together and making what I think is great progress. Since then I have read the book, "torn Asunder" Started His needs/Her needs, start with a counselor tomorrow, and I'm coming to terms with my situation.<BR>My biggest barrier now is dealing with the visions I have in my head. Humor seems to help. Thus this tread. I went out at lunch and bought some patches "thanks". Maybe I'll fail, but I'm going to try and get as much out of this as I can.<P>Seagull - I hear you, I've dropped a few unwanted pounds also. In my book, that counts. But be careful, you need to stay healthy. Advice to consider I picked up from an HGBrawner post. Eat small meals and sleep when you can. I know your really new here, remember to take care of you first. I’m only in a few weeks and it’s better, not great but better. Speaking of HGBrawner if you need some extra inspiration do a search both here and in the Recovery group on her postings. This woman has it together and is gifted enough to be able to share some insight.<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 377 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation