Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 485
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 485
After coming clean about his long-term E/P A, H has requested that I not ask him a lot of questions. His contention is that my knowing about his infidelity has hurt me enough and he believes that if he is honest with me, I may get hurt in a far worse way. How much more beside knowing that he's laid-up with someone whom I detested can hurt me?<P>There are a few things that I would like to know and I wish to confront him but am afraid that he'll throw me another whammie!!! How do I live with my curiosity? How do I live with him being a thousand miles from home both physically and mentally? HELP!<P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 530
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 530
Geez-<BR>In time he will tell you more. My H would not talk either, but as time wore on, he would answer my questions. You have to have the answers to your questions - because it will eat you up if you don't. Tell your H. that. You need total honesty. Read - if you have not already - His needs, Her Needs, your H will have to be honest with you (eventually). Know what you mean about him being "away". My H did same too. He finally came back, out of the fog. It just takes time. aftershock

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 49
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 49
Honesty and his willingness to share were/are key to our recovery...I'm sorry, I fought this battle too and it took 9 months to get the truth or most of it. He brough this to your marriage, you have every righ to know what you feel you need to know. He would have nothing to disclose had he tried to work on your marriage as opposed to his affiar. He is failing to meet your needs of honesty and openness and he must realize this., To build your marrigae on secrets is building on sand. You may not like what you hear and it may be very painful, you need to be prepared to control your emotions at every turn. Good Luck. I hope it doesn't take you 9 months to hear the truth, recovering on one lie after another to have to finally heal on truth has done more damge to our recovery and marriage than the entire affair.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 123
Y
Member
Member
Y Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 123
My H knows me well enough to know I had/have questions. He was burdened with emotions and guilt, especially concerning the baby he now has with OW. He did a lot of things to manipulate me, but at the same time, he knows me well enough that had he confessed sooner, I would not be living with him. What ever he had to do to keep his union with me, he has done/is doing. Have I asked him why? Yes. Did I ask him was her sex better? No. Have I asked him will sex with other women be something he does for the rest of this marriage? Yes. Have I asked him how long did he know her? Yes. In other words, there is plenty he's told me. If I know full well that I don't want to hear a certain possible answer from him about her, I deflate my pride and wait. The info I want or think I want will come soon enough. Besides, try to remember the brother realizes you are still highly ticked with him, and also he is still feeling what he's feeling as well. He wants to feel safe telling you the truth, since apparently,it is you he wants to stay with<P>He is not crazy! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 485
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 485
Aftershock,Dun_z and Ymon........Thanks for your responses. I'll carefully reconsider my game plan. I want answers but not necessarily all at once. I've been extremely patient with him throughout our years together and I'll continue to hold my own. I do expect the lines of communication to be opened on both ends should I want to talk about the A. I do not wish to overburden him with questions while he's so many miles away. I'll wait until I visit with him and watch his facial expressions as I ask my questions....... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0