Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#406584 06/05/01 12:25 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I have just joined this site because I have recently gone through something traumatic...but from the other side and want as much help as I can muster. I am one that had the internet affair...we never met in real life. I had no desire to...I love my partner with all my heart, but did cheat, feel miserable about the pain I have caused and will do anything to mend things. I have found Dr. Hartleys materials on surviving infidelity to be very very good and even sent her the address to read as well. I have squelched all contact with the other party and my soul focus is on rebuilding this relationship. Any other suggestions for what I can do? Right now my partner is in the stage where the *gloves are off* so to speak and has decided that we are to have an *open* relationship in which she is free to do whatever she deems necessary. I can only pray it doesn't come to that, but would appreciate any advice anyone has. I love this woman with all my heart, and I take full responsibility for this stupidity, so please respond without judging me. I'd appreciate anyones comments. <P>Thanks, <BR>True<P>------------------<BR>True

#406585 06/05/01 12:52 AM
Z
Z

<small>[ June 04, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Eleonora ]</small>

#406586 06/05/01 11:17 AM
W
W
Honesty Honesty Honesty. Thats what is helping us get through each day. We read the books together and some of the letters here on internet affairs. My hubby didn't look for the relationship he was chatting found a friend and it kept growing. I am having trouble with the anger. I need to hurt him back. But I know that hurting him back will only make more issues that we need to get over. Tell her that fighting fire with fire will only burn herself more. She needs to know why?????<BR>Thats what we are working on WHY????<BR>Did you take it from internet fantasy to reality my hubby didn't I think that was our saving point.<BR>I know how much pain you are in my hubby is too.<BR>Have faith in your love for your wife and be honest.<BR>

#406587 06/05/01 08:39 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I want to thank those of you that are responding. It means so much to have a *support group* here. I am having a difficult time right now with any type of self forgiveness, knowing the hurt and damage I have caused her and our relationship. I have admitted to having the *chat addiction* and I am now looking for some tips on helping form strategies to ensure this never ever happens again. I never ever want to feel this, go through this, or hurt her in any way again. We have begun to talk and the overriding thing, as you can imagine, is the deception and dishonesty that I have portrayed to a woman that I love so much. It has damaged her faith in me in every conceivable way. Those of you that read this and are of the *cheating* population, it is not worth it if you love your partner. Come clean and tell her/him the truth. The problem is not surviving the affair, although that hurts. The problem is going to lie in rebuilding the trust and also...finding out why you do/did what you are doing/did. If you have any suggestions on strategies, no matter how radical, I am open and willing to listen. Thanks again for your support.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation