Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 6
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 6 |
My husband of 3 years came to me recently and said he wants to move out to work on his career. He also said he wants us to start over and build a friendship because that is a foundation for a marriage. But something’s I feel he is trying to keep a secret like going to look at an apartment. How do you start over, is there even such a thing? I feel so empty inside. We never really spend time together we work full time I am in school also and he is trying to work on his music career so it takes a lot out of us<p>Well let me give more information. We have been through consculing for 6 months. The main problems that we were having are that he was spending so much time with his music than with me. So I would get mad when he wanted to have his group over for practice. I would do things so that he would be able to take the car to pick the group up. I also did not support him or any of his decisions, or when someone spoke badly of what he was doing I tend to side with them instead of setting them straight. Another was that he wanted the ole style home where the wife did the housework, which he mom did. I however was not raised in such an environment that my mother did housework. My parents divided the cooking and us kids cleaned. Before finding this site my first assumption was that maybe he was having an affair, of course like any human person would do he denied it. But after reading some of the stories on this site I started to believe that maybe I did drive him to this point by not supporting him when he needed me most. So I do not believe he is having an affair. I do believe he wants to move so that he can be able to work on his music without me throwing up wall to prevent him from doing that. As far as starting over. He wants to let the past be the past and start from now and trying to gain the friendship back that we had in the beginning. I have read through everything on this site and even have talked to him about it. So you see I haven't been that supportive. Now the house-cleaning thing is hole mother ball game. I work full time and I am a part time student. I schedule doesn't even permit me to do a lot of things
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
192
guests, and
35
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|