Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#411852 03/10/02 05:27 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 2
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 2
Hi Everyone,
(sorry, this is long & rambling)
My spouse and I separated in Dec 2001. He moved to his parents house, claiming he felt some time apart would be a good thing. I tried to convince him to come back, but I handled it really badly and I know now that I just drove him further away.
In Jan 2002, I found emails that suggested he was having an affair with a woman he works with, loving emails, but no sexual content. Obviously, I went mad when I found out. He denied it, of course and still does. He has told me in the last couple of weeks that he is involved with this woman, but it only became serious after he left.
I have filed for divorce, but don't want to divorce at all, he claims it would be the best thing then things can, 'get back to normal'.
Over the last two weeks, his attitude towards me has changed. He phones nearly everday, always saying it is about our son, but then tries to talk to me about all kinds of things. He slipped up a couple of times, calling me honey. He has been offering to babysit a lot, which he would not do before, but this means he has to come to the house, which he did not want to do either. I am not really comfortable with this, because I received a letter from his solicitor saying that he did not want to talk to me, only to contact each other by email & text and then only about our son, so I have not been contacting him. He is the one who maintains the contact, really. I always try to keep the conversations short, but he tries to continue them . I am not cold towards him, but try to keep a distance. He has not collected his belongings, just some clothes, even though I have asked him to several times.
I feel as though I don't know whether to see if we can try again or not. I am scared of rejection again. I know that he spends a lot of time with this woman, obviously they work together and I think he spends every other weekend with her. I cannot compete with that.
I really am in a state of confusion. I am suspicious of his behaviour, because he is suddenly so much friendlier....<p>Any advice?<p>Mag

#411853 03/10/02 08:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837
Dear Mag,<p>Welcome to MB. I am sorry for your situation but you have come to a good place that can help you understand what both you and your H are going through. There are several ways of learning about the useful tools here. <p>There is the basic concepts section located under the logo which gives a brief summary of MB principles. If you look for posts by "OneGoing" you will find an array of thread info that will help you understand what is ahead for you and your H. These are options to learn and use with your personal situation. You will hear about plan A or plan B. Tough love, roller coaster, fog, Books like His needs/Her needs, survivina an Affair, Love must be tough, etc. The first 2 books are by Dr. Harley, the later by Dr Dobson. All are good and there are even more. The purpose of reading is that you will see where you can better yourself and hopefully so can your H. <p>My H was and is in a similar situation. he did not pay attention to his family before the A, he went out and did many bad things as a result of the A and now has asked to come home and work on his family. It has been over 1 year since d/d of the biggest ea/pa. He also had several ONS (one night stands). Only now do I see the potential of recovery. Still my thoughts are guarded. <p>There are other experiences here more into recovery, much of what we practice we have learned from here and from the people who share this site. <p>Take the time to get acquainted. During this time you may be anxious and not able to sleep. Use that energy to read and learn. Post when you are able. <p>take care,
L.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0