Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#412832 04/24/02 01:16 PM
H
heenie Offline OP
OP Offline
H
5 days ago my husband told me he had a month long affair with a girl at work. he said he ended it and wanted to work on our marriage. he will not consider changing jobs, won't go to counseling and is depressed and won't go to a dr. to get tested for std's or depression.
does this mean i move to plan b?
i told him he had 1 week to make a dr. and counseling appt. or he would have to move out. because nothing he has done proves to me that he wants to work on the marriage. he was not happy about it, but i think he might go ahead and do it. (i think but i am not sure)
this morning i thought --if i had to give this ultimatum to him to do these things then do i even want to wait around to see what happens. the thought of him with her makes me sick and i want him to long for me, want to be with me, be remorseful, and want to get help for us.(he says a counselor will not to any good) not just because i have to give him an ultimatum.
he created this problem and i am having to be the one to direct us to make it right.(reading books, ultimatum, counseling ect.) i want to just leave the state and be with family and let him deal with it and come get me(and our son) when he decides and regrets how much he screwed up.
even if we could work it out--i will feel like he always wonder if she would have been better than me. unless maybe he changes jobs, shows remorse, and treats me like a queen. but is that fair of me?
HELP! i just want to be away from all this.
i have been reading -surviving an affair-the concepts are so hard to do.
heenie

#412833 04/24/02 02:46 PM
N
N
dear heenie- first off, BREATHE. read all you can here and the books. you need to stop trying to fix this in a day. its not gonna happen. we have all tried. it is gonna be a long hard road. you will need support and caring. do not try to make ANY decisions in the state of mind you are in.<p>i am in a similar situation, and we are finally starting to recover now, months later. we still have a long way to go. keep posting and vent here.

#412834 04/24/02 05:59 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Welcome heenie...<p>There is a post of general welcome I wish to share with you... [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] <p>It has a lot of quick links to many of the most important MB sites...
Click here ==> General Welcome for All New Builders(Newbies)<p>About your post...<p>Do start on a Plan A...
Check out the post Plan A - 101 (2nd ed.)... it helps clarify some of the implementation specifics that are outlined in "Surviving An Affair"(SAA).<p>A little more patience...
...and a big hug to {{{you}}}...<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Jim / NSR

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 218 guests, and 103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation