Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#413336 05/11/02 05:43 PM
N
OP Offline
N
hello,<p>It has been one month since my husband has moved back home and I need to know how I can tell when the withdrawal period is over. d-day12/22/01. He moved out immediately to live with his uncle and moved back 4/09/02. We have been married 4 years and have a 4 year old daughter. The two weeks were horrible, but the last two weeks have been peaceful and fun. The ow left a voicemail at his job, but he says he never called her back, but did have the urge to do so. He has not had anymore calls from her since. How do you know when you are in "recovery". We are reading SAA.

#413337 05/12/02 04:44 PM
W
W
I would say it is time for him to write a "no contact" letter, show it to you, get your editing advice and approval, and send it together. <p>what do you think, board members?

#413338 05/14/02 02:07 PM
P
P
Hi Nicole and Willy,<p>Oh, oh, I will play &#8220;board member.&#8221; Nicole, D-day for us was about three weeks before you. The next day the non-contact letter went out. It was followed by a withdrawal period of about two months &#8211; my wife really was depressed, mourning the loss of her lover. Jennifer said her withdrawal was actually pretty short. Probably due to the fact that the 2-1/2 year affair was really on-off for the prior six months or so. I could tell when wife started to come out of withdrawal. It was similar to seeing someone come out of depression.<p>If husband hasn&#8217;t done it, then a no-contact letter needs to be sent. Recovery? Well, you have SAA. There is a Recovery Agreement in the back. If the two of you are honestly committed to all parts of that agreement, then I would say you are working toward recovery. If there is just a commitment not to see OW, then you have ended the affair but not started the recovery process. Recovery entails a commitment to end the affair PLUS meet EN&#8217;s, no LB&#8217;ers, etc. Incorporate Rules of Care, Protection, Honesty and Time in your relationship. A true commitment from you both.<p>P

#413339 05/28/02 05:13 PM
B
B
Well, it sounds like you are on your way to recovery. Part of recovery is rebuilding trust. Ask any betrayed spouse and they will tell you that the blind trust they once had is no more. What is your H doing to rebuild your trust in him? One step toward rebuilding trust would be for him to write a no contact letter to the OW, with your input. There is an example in SAA. You both also have to be totally honest and open about your activities. I ditto persistent's comments.

#413340 06/04/02 08:54 AM
S
S
I would also recommend "Torn Assunder" It goes over a timeline for withdrawel.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation