Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#41641 12/14/99 10:32 AM
R
OP Offline
R
OK, I'll start!<P>Lori,<P>You have been going through an awful lot lately - especially this new deal with losing your job. Yet, all your posts are getting progressively supportive and positive. Girl, you have the BEST attitude and such a LOVING and GIVING heart. You are going through a whole heap of bad times right now, but still coming here spreading your rays of sunshine and whipping us all into shape, too! <P>I for one just wanted to let you know how much I ADMIRE you and APPRECIATE you and your big heart....! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

H
H
OK, I'm giving my most enthusiastic second to that motion. Lori, with everything you are going thru yourself, you still find the time, caring and thoughtfulness to respond to my posts. I really don't know how you do it or where I would be without your wise advice and caring attitude.<P>I LOVE you and want so much for you to find the happiness and contentment you so <B>richly</B> deserve!!!<P>Here's to you, Lori!!!!<P><BR>--DeWayne--<P>P.S. I have had so much fun and enjoyment with the "warrior princesses" thing. Thank you for having the attitude and sense of humor that made that possible.

C
C
My soul sister [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!!!<P>You KNOW I love you. You have been a pillar of strength for my and for many others on this forum.<P>You have a genuine heart of gold. Your goodness and kindness WILL be rewarded. You have been through SOOOOO much this year. So many loses, so much heartache. Yet, you pull yourself up, slap that smile on your face, and do everything you can to HELP others.<P>God brought us together, Lori. That I am sure of. If it wasn't for this horrible infidelity thing, I never would have met you. You are another silver lining in the rain cloud.<P>I love you!! We'll talk later, ok?<P>Cheryl

S
S
Way to go, Lori! I, too, appreciate your support and upbeat attitude. Things WILL turn around for you, and all of us too, we just have to keep the faith.

H
H
Gotta get this to the top so the night owls don't miss it....<p>[This message has been edited by Heartpain (edited December 14, 1999).]

L
L
Oh eternally patient one....need I say more? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Lori }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

B
B
Hi Lori,<P>you were one of the first to respond to me when I first came to MB.<BR>For that alone, I will never be able to thank you enough.<P>When I was losing my mind, you were there.<BR>When I was down, you were there.<BR>When I nearly did a disastrous thing, you were there.<BR>When I needed a laugh, you were there (pop tarts - I will NEVER forget that as long as I live !!!)<BR>When I needed some positive reinforcement, you were there.<BR>When I lost all hope, you were there.<P>You are giving so much to everyone at this forum, and yet going through so much yourself. You give, give, give, and don't ask much in return. You are one of God's Angels, here on earth. And for that I thank you. And I thank God for bringing you into my life.<P>Now, about that flight.....have you booked yet ??? The offer stands my friend, if ever...and I mean ever... you want to visit, my door will ALWAYS be open for you. <P>I would like to say how much I appreciate you, and only wish the very best for you.<P>You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I feel God will look out for you, and after you. You are too good for him not to be with you.<P>love, and hugs,<P>Jo

R
R
Lori,<BR>You are amazing. Thank you so much for being there when I needed you most. Sadly, The time has come for me to leave this forum for awhile. Please keep in touch via e-mail so I know how you are doing. Many thanks again and I hope that bonehead of a husband figures out what he is missing out on......... <P>Take care<P>------------------<BR>Rutger......One day at a time.<P>

R
OP Offline
R
Moving this back up.<P>RMA<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

S
S
Yep, she's a Keeper!!! <P>Lori, my fellow Warrior Princess - THANK YOU for all you have shared, helped and cared!!!!<P>You truly are a blessing to us all!!!<P>We Love Ya....<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba

B
B
I couldn't go without replying to this. "Momma"...you have been the most inspirational force to me in this site. What can I say but thank you for all you have said and all you have helped me see. EVERYONE here has been extremely important to me, but somehow you shine through in my thoughts when I think of the words of encouragement, acceptance, guidance, caring, and just plain love. Thanks for being the strong person you are. I hope that I can someday emulate to others, the wisdom that you have shown me. I'll be around...Arik

C
cl Offline
C
Lostva, you are so special!!<BR>I am not around here much, but e-mail is always available.<BR>In light and love, cl

W
W
Lori,<BR>Everyone else has put into words what I can't. I thank you so much for the love, caring, understanding, and guidance.<P>Please don't stop.<P>Thanks,<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

P
P
Lori,<P> What can I say but, thanks. You have given support and encouragement to me and Arik when things have been bleak and unimaginably hard for you. You pull yourself out of the muck and mire to help others out of thier own muck and mire. I have said it before and I'll say it again. You are a truly uplifting and insiring person. Prayers, love, and good thoughts to you!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{LORI}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole<P><BR>

N
N
Lori, Lori, Lori...<P>My dear sweet girl [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Oh ya, a compliment! Here goes: you have been a constant pillar of hope and strength to me.<P>Sending lots o' love and hugs, Sheryl<P>------------------<BR>Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.<P>~John Lennon

L
L
Man, guys, I need a big ole heart icon here. I don't understand...everybody here is wonderful.<P>Ceecee had asked me in her e-mails this afternoon if I had read the "thread" and I couldn't get on so I didn't know what she was talking about. H just left and I came on to calm down a bit and.................<BR>What timing you've got! I was fighting the tears before, well, they're coming fast and furious now.<P>Why did you do this? I can't believe it.<P>A few months ago, I came to this place and I didn't have anywhere else to turn. I felt so alone and useless...and I didn't think I could go on. But the people here, man, what a difference you made in my life.<P>It took weeks for me to get the courage to post here the first time. And I'll never forget the feeling I got when the replies started coming. Bozo's Deb was the first (you're right, Jo, you don't forget that one) welcoming and soothing my wounds. And then others started chiming in, letting me know I wasn't alone, or crazy (well, maybe crazy) and there was someone I could talk to that would listen. <P>Ever since then, I found the same thing to be true. I never dreamed that I could come to love a group of people I have never seen so very much. And I think it's more than just the common bond of infidelity. The people here are genuinely caring and supportive - "good people" as my grandma would say. I don't think I could hand pick a more wonderful group of friends. Many of you feel like family. I don't feel like I contribute very much sometimes, but, like everyone else here, I want my friends to know that I'm there if they need me. 'Cause you've always been there for me. Always. When I didn't feel like I could crawl out of that pit, you all were there. <P>Desiree - amazing. what little birdie told you I would REALLY need this today? It was so sweet. (Sniff) You've been great to me, too, you know. It means an awful lot. I still can't believe this, though. Talk about big hearts......!<P>DeWayne - You're a sweetie, you know that? I keep hoping that a big miracle's gonna come your way. You deserve the best, too. don't know what I would do w/out you sometimes. I rather like the idea of fantasizing about doing REAL battle as well!!! <P>Cheryl - I love you, too, you know. There have been some long days and long nights, huh? But we got through them. I'll be talking to you too. NOW I know what you're talking about. You've been a dear friend, every step of the way.<P>Sidney - thanks a lot. You keep my head on straight a lot of the time, did you know that? And that is NOT an easy task!!<P>Laura - and YOU, my dear, know how to ever so gently, set me straight!!! Thank you more than you will know for all the chats. And all the good advice, even when I didn't really follow it like I should..... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jo - What a sweetheart you are. Don't forget, you've been chiming in too whenever I needed you. I look for you to see how you're doing. You just didn't know that while I was telling you to BREATHE - I was there doing it with you!! And still wishing for the trip!!<P>Rutger - glad you're still here reading a little, my friend. Don't worry, I'll keep in touch. Got to make sure you're behaving yourself!!<P>Sheba - you know, you've been the bright light of hope in EVERYONE's day so very many times. Mine included. I rather like the idea of fighting all this injustice with you. I want a great costume, though. Thank you. Got your e-mail. VERY confusing visit. I'll write you or post later. <P>Arik - thank you for that. I really do care and have a lot of high hopes for you!! See, mom's ALWAYS know what potential you have!! Be good, ok? 'Cause I've got a brand new lecture all ready for you!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>CL - thank you. Count yourself in as someone special too. I can't believe how wonderful you all are.<P>Bill - you've been doing so well and learning so much. And there when I needed someone as well. Thank you for that support. And this tonight, too.<P>Nicole - You're so sweet. And your cards earlier when I was so very low did more than you can ever imagine. You just hang in there, ok? You've got so much love to give. We all see it here.<P>Well, I hope I got everyone. You guys. I really didn't deserve this. Not as much and definitely no more than anyone else. <P>We all have become so close and I still marvel sometimes at how strangers can reach out to each other with such love.<P>I guess hanging out w/ such special people is bringing out the best in me. And I thank you so much for that, too.<P>Take care, I love you all.<P>Lori<P>

L
L
Sheryl - I didn't forget you. You weren't there when I first read the thread. I know things always haven't gone the way you would have liked. But you've been SUCH an inspiration to me. In more ways than I can list here. And I can still remember all those times you've picked me up when I fell. Thank you so very much.<P>Lori

T
T
Lori,<P>I always read your posts & replies, all I can say is THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS THANK YOU MERCI GRACIAS.<P>Alex

L
L
Alex - [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>That was sweet! And made me smile. You doing ok tonight? Haven't gotten down very far yet.<P>Lori

R
OP Offline
R
Lori,<P>Just LUV YA!!!!!!!!<P>Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation