Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#422121 02/07/03 08:53 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I AM STILL IN DISBELIEF. I AM ENGAGED. I WENT TO MY FIANCEE'S HOUSE AND WENT TO THE BEDROOM TO WATCH TV. I PULLED BACK THE COVERS AND FOUND, FORGIVE ME RUST COLORED STAINS ALL OVER THE SHEETS. I ASKED HIM WHAT IT WAS AND HE SAID HE DIDN'T KNOW. IT'S NAGGED ME EVER SINCE. HOW COULD HE NOT KNOW AND WHAT COULD IT BE? HE'S BEEN UNFAITHFUL BEFORE, WE WORKED ON IT AND MOVED ON WITH HIS GUARNTEE IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN AGAIN. HE IS INTERNET ADDICTED AND HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH SEXUAL ADDICTION. ALTHOUGH CURRENTLY HE DENIES ANY INFIDELITY. I THINK I JUST NEED TO DITCH HIM AND MOVE ON, BUT IT'S SO HARD FOR ME. I NEED HELP.

#422122 02/07/03 09:04 PM
R
R
Hiya Crush - been married 23 years- working thru the 2nd of my H 2 affairs...one when we were 25 and now again at 40....what was it you said?? oh yeah- ditch him and move on- oh honey I KNOW how painful that sounds but do you want to end up HERE in 2-30 years>>>>>>??? NO NO NO you do not- history repeats itself-look at hitler and saddam.........get out and heal NOW -I am in a REAL MOOD tonite and I wish I could save everyone-if you aren't married and don't have kids and have been around this bend before- get out now. This is a great healing place/space to be but if you are young and legally unattached and your boyfriend has a bad streak........now is the time to cut and run- we ALL feel like this can't be happening to us- and then we land here saying if it could happen to me it could happen to anyone...we are all perfectly nice folk with functional lives and responsibilities....yet here we are-cryin` every dday.........how could he/she DO THIS TO ME.....LOOK DEEP AND SCOUR YOUR SOUL -God keep you in his care..........

#422123 02/07/03 09:15 PM
C
OP Offline
C
YOU ARE SO RIGHT. IN THE FOUR YEARS I'VE KNOWN HIM I'VE BEEN CONFRONTED WITH HIS WOMEN, HIS EX WIFE AND NUMEROUS OTHER ISSUES. MY PROBLEM IS THAT I CAN'T SEEM TO STAY DISCONNECTED FROM HIM.
I MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION TO MARRY HIM, AND FOR A JOB, NO FAMILY, NO FRIENDS SO WHEN I AM NOT WITH HIM I FEEL ISOLATED AND SCARED. I AM 50 YEARS OLD AND NOT DESIRING TO START OVER. I SUPPOSE AT TIMES I FEEL THAT IT'S BETTER WITH HIS LIES THAN NOT BEING WITH HIM AT ALL. CRAZY? HECK YEAH. BUT I KNOW THAT I WILL DROP KICK HIM AWAY AT SOME POINT.

#422124 02/07/03 09:22 PM
R
R
i would'nt just dump him cuz you found stains on the sheets.i asume that you dont live together cuz you went to his house,so it could be possible that he a" took matters into his own hands!"it would'nt be unheard of.and i doubt he would admit to that.you gotto do what feels right for you,but not over stains.

#422125 02/09/03 01:57 AM
A
A
Crush --

At 50, you're far from "over the hill," quite far, yet I seem to detect a note of desperation and clinginess in your post. Understandable, since he's the reason you've moved, uprooted your life, and feel isolated, but...

I think your issues go far deeper than some stains on a bedsheet. By itself, they mean virtually nothing, but in context...that's where your problems lie. You're unsure of things already and this new "evidence" fuels your many doubts about the future and the smartness and desireability of this upcoming marriage.

You can marry this guy anytime; if it's "to be," then it will be. But questioning of this magnitude now almost guarantees severe problems for your relationship in the future. I'd say pull back, put the wedding on hold, get some perspective and collect your wits, rethink the whole deal. You're not in over your head yet, but easily could be if you move much farther toward a marriage. You don't want to end up here on this board in a year!

I don't agree that "it's better with his lies than not being with him at all." In fact, my strong sense is just the opposite. Around here, what you're describing is a guaranteed recipe for immense problems. In fact, those problems are already a part of your relationship, a big part. Are you sure you want to risk carrying them over into a marriage? Do you really think they'll get better afterwards? How about 99% odds against that improvement?

The wisest thing I've heard you say: "I know that I will drop-kick him away at some point." You've already made up your mind, now it's just a question of when you're going to move on that. Take all the time you need, but trust your gut.

Ammon

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 159 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation