Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42432 12/16/99 02:36 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Did some Christmas shopping last night. My youngest bought a little wire box with some chocolates for Mom. We also bought some bags of Christmas candy. Hersheys kisses & some Nerds in little gift boxes. I said we could send Mom some candy. The Nerds have tiny liitle TO: & FROM: tags on them. She said, "I could write TO:Turd FROM:Melissa." I cracked up.<P>I told her she could buy perfume if she wanted to, but I would prefer her not to 'cause we didn't need Mom to smell nice for wankboy. She said, "if she was here, she could smell nice for you, but not for him."<P>Also she was picking out cards & she did really read the words in them & didn't want the ones that said things like, "I'm glad you're here" or "Thanks for being there for me." What a smart little tyke she is.<P>While we were talking, she asked me how I found out she was dating him. I told her it was really between me & her and she shouldn't really worry about it as she is too young. She understood & I told her maybe Me or Mom would discuss it with her when she's grown up.<P>We were driving around the other night & I was crying. She looked & saw some tears & just reached over & rubbed my arm. She is such a gem! Don't know what I'd do without her.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

#42433 12/16/99 02:42 PM
F
F
kids are great....My oldest is only 3 but knows things are not right.....when he sees me cry he asks why i am doing that and i tell him I am sad and all he says is that me misses daddy too!.......<P>when will he wake up and smell the coffee!<P>amanda<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever"<BR>

#42434 12/16/99 04:22 PM
C
C
WOW! sent shivers up my spine and a big smile on my face. kids are the best.<BR>

#42435 12/16/99 05:00 PM
R
R
Chris,<P>What a GREAT daughter!!!!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Spend your time focusing on those that DO love you and away from those other idiots!<P>Your D has a great attitude about this - and I am sure it has to be due to your positive influence in her life..... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Roll Me Away<BR><P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

#42436 12/16/99 05:19 PM
R
RWD Offline
R
Chris,<BR>I'm like you, I don't know how I would have got thru this without the kids.<P>At counseling the other day, my son said he didn't like talking about the om because he knew it hurt me. I didn't realize how smart he was !!<P>Keep loving those kids! Isn't a shame what our spouses are willing to give up so that they can find "happiness!"<P>God Bless you and your kids!!!<P>Bob<P>------------------<BR>"You can't always get what you want! But if you try real hard,you might just find, you get what you need!"<BR>Mick Jagger<BR>

#42437 12/16/99 05:45 PM
N
N
Chris...you have such a wonderful D....what a gem....

#42438 12/16/99 06:25 PM
M
M
You are oh, so right about these kids!!! They are sometimes too smart for their own good.<P>D's birthday is tomorrow. H called last week to see what she wanted for birthday. (She still refuses to talk to him on the phone.) Later I told her that Daddy wanted to know what she wanted for her birthday, she replied "I don't want anything from him." When I asked what she would do if he got her something, she said "I will give it back to him." Last night she said she would tell him that he can't buy her and to give it to the stinky OW, (she used a term I am trying very hard to squelch...stinky HO). I feel so bad about how she is shutting him off, but he has brought it all on himself. She is asking me when we are going to find a "new daddy, who will love us". Breaks my heart. It is so difficult to try to keep the love alive between them when he is such a d*^&head.<P>I hope he sees the light soon, or it will be too late to rebuild their relationship.<P>Sorry to stomp on your thread.... Chris (CA123) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>God Bless you and yours,<P>Sheryl W.<P>www.widesmiles.org/gallery/britanie<BR>

#42439 12/16/99 10:51 PM
Y
Y
I am still amazed that my husband could walk out on four small children. I couldn't go two days without seeing or talking to my kids, and he goes weeks! Our fifteen year old refuses to have anything to do with him becauce of OW. He thinks it's just her being a teenager. I just don't get it. Thank God for our kids I think that they will get us through!!!<P>Deb

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation