Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 58 of 58 1 2 56 57 58
S
S
Is he still trying harder?

Is his W still trying hard?

How are things now days?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
SwH Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi SS,

Is he still trying harder, maybe - he is more affectionate, says he wants to be around more. The job he has is 2 hrs away, so he stays at his dads - or so that is where he says he stays. The job should be done soon, and he says after it is done, he will be home now. He says his dad is doing well enough to be on his own, and he will just need to look in on him. We will see come the first of the year where he is living.
He says he has something special planned - He has done this so many times, that I am at a point, where it is just words, and I will ahve to see it first.

Am I still tryig hard - don't know -

Things seem to be better, kids are doing better. our Daughter had dropped out of dance and hockey, (she did not like hockey, and was tired of dance) She took on cheerleading. She says she might want to do dance again next year, but only one class. She loves the cheerleading. My oldest is playing hockey, goalie - and his grads stink, he is trying to get them better. If would be doing better if he would only turn in the work. The middle one has started to go down the same route, and I told him, that it will not be acceptable, so he can change his ways right now and get it all caught up and turned in. (even if hte teacher will not accept it late, I still want it turned in).

We are redoing the bathroom, I'm not happy with the tile we are using, but H wants to put in the soap dish and shelves that are put into the corners and there limited tiles that macth with them. Maybe I will happy with it once it is in. It just looks so plain and boring to have cream colored tiles with no color.

How are things going with you SS? and Mrs SS? I was recently in Vegas, did not have time to go to the outlet mall as we planed, I was sick most of the time there. That is okay, I needed to get away.

Do you hear from Ginger lately?

S-
Me 55
WS 48
2 boys
1 girl
S
S
Hi Sue.
Merry Christmas !!

Is he still trying harder, maybe - he is more affectionate,
He says he has something special planned - He has done this so many times, that I am at a point, where it is just words, and I will ahve to see it first.

I see you are still not sure where the marriage stands. Not exactly anyway. I know you try not to think about it......... but I also know it comes to mind at times when you don't want it to, and takes up way too much air time.

Am I still trying hard - don't know -

Parts of you are fine. The mother part, the bread winner part, maybe the hockey mom part.

Parts of you are not fine.

I am glad you can still find things to be happy about. I hope you find more and more of them.

Things seem to be better, kids are doing better. our Daughter had dropped out of dance and hockey, (she did not like hockey, and was tired of dance) She took on cheerleading. She says she might want to do dance again next year, but only one class. She loves the cheerleading. My oldest is playing hockey, goalie - and his grads stink, he is trying to get them better. If would be doing better if he would only turn in the work. The middle one has started to go down the same route, and I told him, that it will not be acceptable, so he can change his ways right now and get it all caught up and turned in. (even if hte teacher will not accept it late, I still want it turned in).

Most of our boys had trouble in school for the same reasons. THey didn't like to do or turn in homework.

Our youngest (the twins 13) play the piano, but are not really involved in sports. They tried soccer, but only did it for two years. They seem to like the piano, and are getting fairly good by now (three years.)

It's tough raising kids by yourself. I know H is still there sometimes, but the feelings I get is that you do most of the work in the home.

I admire your ability, but I hope you have some good times, and get some rest.

We are redoing the bathroom, I'm not happy with the tile we are using, but H wants to put in the soap dish and shelves that are put into the corners and there limited tiles that macth with them. Maybe I will happy with it once it is in. It just looks so plain and boring to have cream colored tiles with no color.

I admit, I am one of the plain and boring husbands. I like off white paint, no wall paper, plain tile, and drab carpet that doesn't show the dirt. What can I say? (grin)
I can't believe you started on it without following the POJA. (Another grin)

How are things going with you SS? and Mrs SS? I was recently in Vegas, did not have time to go to the outlet mall as we planed, I was sick most of the time there. That is okay, I needed to get away.

Was this with H?
Details, we want details !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things are pretty good at our house. We struggle with work, like many people, but we are happy.

Being in love makes up for a lot of things. We used to joke when we first got married that "we could live on love."
I know it's not entirely true, but it sure helps.

If I had known you were going to Vegas, I would have put you in touch with FBOW. Perhaps you could have visited with her. W and I were there in Sept, and we ate dinner with her.
(We only live two hours away.)

Do you hear from Ginger lately?

Last mail from her was short - It's been a while. I know she is busy with work, school, and family. Some of her children are close, and she spends a lot of time with the grand kids too.

I hope you have a good Holiday season.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
SwH Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I cannot believe my last post was in December - wow, where did time go.

Ginger - talked to her a couple of times, but she is busy. Next time, I will try to give you advance notice when I hit Vegas.

If we did POJA on redecorating decision, we would not make any progress. I don't like wall paper either, but tile should have some color, and design.

H just recently said to me, that he did not know I did not like our house. I told him before we bought it that I didn't like it and gave him my reasons why. I reminded him of it. But I gave in because he said he was not going to look at any other houses.

It has always been about what he wanted. He just did not show that side until after we got married. As long as he make the decisions and I go along with it, everything is fine. (or is it?).

Anyways, enough about dreary down stuff. Rehashing this does no good.

Hockey is done, baseball and soccer are starting up. I'm trying to decide if I should apply for a different job. The hours, well, not the greatest. One week I get off early, the next week I get off later, and one Saturday every 6 weeks. My concern is the nights I get of at 8:30, would H be there for the kids or would his stuff come first? I really don't expect that he would make the sacrifice and give up his activities.
After all, I should be grateful that he is playing ball 3 nights per week instead of 5.

I'd talk more aobut good stuff but the boys are fighting so I have to go - there wer supposed ot be in bed 1 1/2 hrs ago and are not listening.

S-
Me 55
WS 48
2 boys
1 girl
S
S
It sounds like you like being a mom. I know it's work, but there is a lot of satisfaction there too - I hope you feel it often.

What do you dream about mostly these days?
I mean when you think about your future, what do you wish for?

Also, how is the little princess?

SS

Page 58 of 58 1 2 56 57 58

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation