Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#430291 06/11/03 07:23 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Okay so where do i start ....how many of you have ever been in a intimate situation where you had a wierd feeling hes been elswhere with someone else? and how do you know if it a womans intuition or the devil getting the best of ya ? this has happened to me a few times and it really scared me i feel like i felt it at the bottom of my stomach. heres a bit of history on us :
met at age 18 he had 3 kids me = none, lied about his 3rd child and where he lived and with whom got past the drama and bot married 4 yrs later, we have sole custody of his kids and now have 3 of our own been a bumpy ride, 2 seperations keep trying to work it all out ...

thats a very very vauge history no cheating that i haev ever caught him in but with every seperation came about 6 new female frenz out of nowhere of course i was told they were just frenz but he has theese spurts of going out last minute and if i dare say anything he throws the i never do anything but work speech. when we were seperating he went into this major role of hell die w/out me but he wasnt to upset to go to the bar or strip club.. i dunno i dont want to think hed ever cheat on me but i just feel like with all the problems weve had and things i have noticed i just dont believe hes so innocent. i mean there have been red flags since day 1 but at the time i was young and very rebellious so i wasnt thinkin and now almost 8 yrs later there are so many issues and i seem to be the only one willing to do the footwork for a better future!
i know i went way off topic i just wondered about those wierd feelings and if i should pay any attention to them. my husband appears to desire me thats not it but after years of verbal abuse and unresolved probs i just dont desire him the way i used to . i love him still its just different.

#430292 06/11/03 08:48 PM
S
S
I learned long ago to pay attention to all of my "weird" feelings....very rarely, it's only been my own fear, but most of the time if it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk....it's probably a skunk.

#430293 06/19/03 12:36 AM
K
OP Offline
K
that phrase has been said i dont know how many times and its just so hard , we have children and what can u do when even if you question where they have been all they do is deny it or lie adimintly ? i will not drag my kids back and forth on a whim of a feeling . I honestly believe all lies come out eventuallly and if he is then i will find out soon enough. does this theory satisfy my thoughts or feeling no but for now i can only deal with one thing at a time with my counseling then we will go at a pace they direct me in .

#430294 06/18/03 04:24 PM
C
C
Listen to those feelings...

I too had the feeling that something wasnt right and it took 4 weeks to find out that my husband and best friend were having an affair.

Your husband could be having inner stuggles. Dont confront, watch him and watch his reactions. Is anything else going on in your life? Financial, kids, unhappy job?

#430295 06/18/03 10:06 PM
T
T
keeping it together,

new to this site, so my support might not come out right.
being the h who had the a, i would listen to your feelings and intuition. i thought there was nothing wrong with having female friends (outside of the ones we mutally had), i was wrong. the temptation was too strong, especially when i felt my needs were not being met at home. ask yourself, are you meeting his EN's? also, is he meeting yours?

#430296 06/19/03 05:14 PM
L
L
Hi,
I know exactly what you mean. I had the feeling my husband was hiding something for the past 5 months, and you know what, my feeling was right.
He finally told me what it was 2 weeks ago.
It was about credit cards, but I still don't feel comfortable, and think there is something
else I need to know. It's a terrible thing
when we can't trust our own husband.

Anyway, I thought I was going crazy when I was having those feelings. I would tell him "I have
a feeling something is wrong." I went through
that for a long time. He wouldn't say anything
and shrugg it off like everything was o.k.

He has lied to me 3 times in a year, so trust is
out the window right now.

I still have a "suspicious feeling" about him right now. And I just pray God reveals it to me.

Trust your feelings, and you may have to investigate where he goes and what he does
when he is gone. Spy!!! And pray!!! You have to. I think it is the only way you are going to know.

Sent with Love, -Ladysheep

#430297 06/19/03 07:16 PM
F
F
I agree with ladysheep, SPY!!!!!!!!! I'm a husband and my wife cheated on me, i wish now that i had of spyed on her. One thing you could try is placeing a voice activated micro cassette recorder in his car or your home when you not there, i know i will be doing something similar from now on. Don't expect him to tell on himself, that goes against human nature.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation