Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,514
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,514
Well all, I was right, we were on the verge and Tuesday he moved back home. I guess I am not in any plan now, huh? I am still trying to avoid LB and he even asked if I was trying "too hard" and said he didn't wnat me to resent him for me being so nice when he was the one who cheated! I am just kinda putting myslef out there. We have spent alot more time together and he is calling home alot (his choices there, not mine) and we have started to go through HNHN together just a bit, we did the Rectl Companion. quiz and unfortunately most of what we scored high on involve $$$ which we do not have at all right now!

I guess we are both scared! I am so afraid to go right back to the old patterns and end up here again, and he said he is afraid of letting me down. He is trying, I see, but I am emotionally exhasuted at this point! Suggestions? I need more stamina or something!! Thanks!

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303
Set your boundaries--what you can live with, what you can't and make it clear what the consequences will be if crossed.

Don't leave yourself open for just whatever happens or whatever lies may crop up. You will only be resentful if you are expected to keep forgiving when/if you failed to set healthy boundaries for yourself.

((HUGS)) Have you guys read Surviving An Affair?

Joined: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,284
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,284
Momma,

Ok, so it sounds as if you two are feeling things out. That is good. I have a suggestion for you two. Why don't you two sit down and write out what the perfect marriage would be for each of you. Do it separately, then get together and discuss how you BOTH can help the other achieve what they want.

If it is money, even start to make a plan about that. Here is where this site excels. There is a plan.

Using radical honesty and the POJA you two can work together and acheive what you want. What has to happen is that you two have to realize you are on the same team. You are here to help each other, not fix each others faults. That is for the person with the fault to do. How do they know something bugs you? Radical honesty, but not YOU SHOULD, but rather "I don't feel respected when you do... Let's talk about this and see if you can help me."

I think if you will address the perfect marriage, then you have something to talk about and discuss for quite awhile. You won't design on over night, or in the next month. The idea is to focus on the future while using the past as a guideline for things that haven't worked in the past.

If you come at it this way, your H will have hope that you will survive this, and you will learn many things you need toknow about him. You will both win and I think you will find that the level of emotional intimacy will increase.

Just some thoughts. I hope they help.

God Bless,

JL

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,393
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,393
HI Mama, Sounds like you two are taking the first steps.I feel like yesterday was our first step to recovery and boy was it ever emotional it was a rough day and today I have thought alot about the things he told me.I needed to know those things if I am ever going to trust him again but it was hard to hear them.
I too feel so tired by all of this it feels like D-day all over again but if these things would have been addressed earlier like I wanted we would be past it by now.Oh well at least we took the first step.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0