Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
my husbands having an affair in a chat room he hosts. I don't know how to handle this. He's already left twice to visit one lady he fell in love with. Its over between them now but I still hurts. He chats from the time he gets up until its time to go to bed. He makes phone calls out of state all the time and when it's a woman he goes on our front porch so he has his privacy. what can I do to help my 18 year marriage survive this horrible torment? All of a sudden he locks his computer now and he has a lock on his cell phone.We don't talk like we used to and I'm getting used to being alone with no one to talk to basically except the children (3 daughters). He even ignores them sometimes. I need help because I feel I'm loosing it. It's not a jealous feeling I have, I'm just hurt how he can talk to these other people and get so wrapped up in them that he forgets me. please help. PETALS1703@YAHOO.COM

B
B
Welcome to marriagebuilders. I've been in your shoes. I understand how you are feeling hurt and betrayed. You want to know what to do.

First gather information, quietly. There are many tell tale signs of what is actually going on if you pay close attention to them. I am guessing you want to stop his behavior and want to stay with him at this point. Think about changes in his appearance, work habits, personality changes, telephone tip-offs, computer use, conversational clues, cell phones and pagers, etc. Keep your information to yourself. Print what you can and store it in a safe place that he won't have access to.

What have you said to him about the excessive amount of time he spends online? What have you said to him about talking to other women on the phone? What about the secrecy in regards to the computer and his cell phone?

Are you ready to tell him the secrecy, chatting and the phone calls and the women go or I go? What about your girls? Are you ready to leave with them? Sometimes it is this type of tough love that gets a sexual addict to realize what he is doing and lift the fog.

Here is a good and recent post on the subject of online affairs with some very good advice:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=29;t=003395;p=1

Please read everything you can here at marriage builders and understand that the affairs he is having are very real even if there is no physical contact. Read post and read some more.

<small>[ September 20, 2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]</small>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 703 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation