Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44556 12/23/99 08:48 PM
M
Murphy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well,I haven't watched this show for awhile,but saw it the other night.Let's see if I got this straight.Sela Ward is still married,but is having a relationship with another man.Her husband wants them to get back together,but she wants a divorce.She had sex with her husband a while back,but now feels like she"cheated"on her boyfriend.She finally told her boyfriend about having sex with her H,but it was only one time,and it made her realize she doesn't hate him because of his affair with a 22-year old.Now her boyfriend feels she's betrayed him because she had sex with her husband"behind his back".She told her H she wanted a divorce,and told her OM about sex with her H,all on Christmas Eve.Now everybody is hurt and totally confused(including me).Did I leave anything out? And we don't get to find out what happens with this whole mess until later next month.I can hardly wait.... --Murph

Y
Y
we got to stop watching that show....of course she can tell her husband she wants a divorce with 'confidence' now..she has a boyfriend to fall back on. and the little girl coming down because the parents were yelling and seeing that the santa claus stuff was gone and the parents are fighting and having a double whammy. i just cried and cried and cried. sigh......<P>------------------<BR>Kellie<BR>Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough<P>

Z
Zip Offline
Z
Actually, anyone thinking of getting a divorce should watch that show. The damage that it has done to the kids is played over and over. I think it really shows that divorce and infidelity really solve nothing.

D
D
I think this show is great. It is now my favorite show on television.<P>It is an honest representation of the pain involved for all parties in the situation. All four spouses remain stuck within the old marriages and the new situations, all with major conflicts. The new relationship is filled with fantasy-type love between two gorgeous but flawed people, who deal with major financial and family problems that are starting to creep in on the fantasy. All the children are affected negatively. The problems from the old marriages are brought back in flashbacks and applied to the new relationships. The old spouses are clinging onto the old marriages while the new couple is off in the fantasy. EVERYONE IS IN PAIN, EVEN THE IN-LOVE COUPLE.<P>This show is too good and too sad to last. I cry every episode. It hits home. All the parties involved are at times overly selfish and then realize, too late, that they need to change. Meanwhile, the kids pay the price for everyone's self-centered behavior.<P>I don't know how the writers have done this so well. I wonder if they hang-out at this board to get ideas.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation