Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5 |
My husband's affair was exposed about two months ago. He was working out of state and had an affair with a younger woman. She made sure that I found out before he came home because she did not want us to be together.
I am sickened at his lack of loyalty to me. We have two children and have been married for 14 years. I know that he is regretful. We have talked about it quite a bit, but I'm still very angry. We are trying to work things out; however, there are days when the pain is so bad that I'd rather tell him to get lost.
He has to take a job in another state in about a week. I don't know how to handle this. The past out of state working experience was the first time we had be separated in 14 years. He keeps trying to reassure me, but after all of his lies before, I don't know whether or not to believe him. I will be limited to visiting because I work here. I just don't know what to do. Trust is so hard to give after someone is disloyal to you. How can I explain this to him, or do I just cope?
mlandry35
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069 |
melissa - Welcome to marriage builders. It is a great place to be under the circumstances. Do not let this be swept under the rug. That is usually what the WS tries to do.
You need to sit down together and figure out what was wrong. It sounds like your case may be more because he is away so much.
Stick with us. We have been through this, and will help you through it.
You might want to post on general questions. The weekend is coming, and there will be more traffic there.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5 |
Thanks Believer... I will take your advice and post it on general questions.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
192
guests, and
35
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|