hezat,
I see you met my wife.
She really is remorseful and we have both had a part in the mess we’re in. She is the wrongest, but my job is to hold my household together the best way I can.
“This will be apparent because OM isn’t near as white as me.” Means if she is carrying his child, friends and family will know it because I am of Norwegian descent, and OM is Hawaiian.
“(of all the men to fool around with)” Is my smart-a55 comical way of suggesting that if she fools around, it should be with a white guy at least!
To your next point, I probably don’t want to confront OM this time. He likely wouldn’t offer an apology to me or say anything else worth hearing.
The earlier EA I wrote of (6 years ago) was with a mutual HS acquaintance. I knew his name and face. I called him and told him to have no contact with my wife until she made a decision. Then I asked her to make that decision. (Him or Me) He apologized and backed off; she chose me and our boys. I later went to our pastor and asked him to meet with myself and OM and forgave him for what nearly happened. We aren’t great pals, but when we bump into each other in town or on a jobsite, we can exchange greetings ok.
This time, I have a name, address, vehicle description of OM, but no face. I could be standing behind him at a store and not know it. I have decided this won’t do. I will seek him out eventually. I don’t want to meet him or introduce myself, but I have to have a face for the name.
I do love my wife! I have seen the warning signs and know what to do if there is ever a next time. (she seems to have a 6 yr cycle, I’ll watch us closely in 2010)
I do a lot of tongue-in-cheek and am a smart-a55. It’s a kind of defense mechanism. Don’t take me seriously all the time!
You’re right I only know of 2 times, but have you tried running a house with 4 children? The laundry alone is enough to keep her out of trouble! I know what my W is up to most of the time. I beat myself up over this one because I was just getting ready to tell her I didn’t want her going out with her friends anymore. I was a couple o’ weeks too late.
Anyway, thanx for your concern. I get a little something out of all these replies, whether they’re on the mark or not.