This best he can come up with is "let's not divorce because it will mess up our insurance"? You must have died laughing after hearing that! Why not tell you why he really doesn't want a divorce? After all of this time he still can't be straight with you.

I think that he really does love you and he feels safe with you. I don't think that he feels the need or the drive to "try" with you. It might be because you have been together since childhood and you basically grew up togehter. I really don't think he can even imagine you not being in his life. It just doesn't compute for him.

The bottom line is that you need to make yourself happy and you need to feel at peace with yourself. That is just not happening while you are hanging on waiting for that lightbulb to go off in your husband's head. Maybe it is starting now but he has dug himself such a deep hole that he might not even have the ability to fight his way out. That is what you really want isn't it? To see him fight for you and your marriage as much as you have?

Let him see you happily living your life. Let him see you move on with your life and I bet you will see him panic. He will never be truly happy and that is sad. But, that is no reason for you to stay down with him. You have given him most of your life. Now it is time to take your life back from someone that doesn't appreciate the gift of love that you gave him.

I think if you look at where you are today vs where you were 6-months ago and you will agree that you are happier and feel more in control of your life and your destiny. That is progress!

Cathy