Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 9
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 9
I have also posted a question in general questions regarding whether my wife and I should have moved away when we had the chance. <BR>So far the concensus is that moving away for her to resist temptation for the OM is like putting a bandaide on a 6-inch cut.<P>My wife has become frustrated with me because I would not accept another position at a less desirable location and job. Her contention was that moving away would give us the space to rebuild. I am too scared to move. Too scared because I may give up my job, my home, friends etc. to move somewhere else where the underlying problems may still exist. If we end up divorced there, what is left? <P>Now we are separated. I did not know about MB nor did my wife want counselling. Therefore, I had no ideas on how to learn to rebuild trust, how to forgive, or how to stop hounding her (smothering her as she calls it). My wife thinks counselling is not worthwhile. It didn't work for some other folks, why would it work for us is her logic. Everything I tried to learn to do was from friends and family. Some of the opinions I sought were from divorced people because they were so easy to identify. Bad idea.<P>Where am I in plan A/B? I am seeing a professional counsellor today for the first time since shortly after my wife's EA. Should the plan be for me to get better and feeling better about who I am?. I started 2 days of anti-depressants, but again my wife thought that weak (while she was still home) so out of "respect" for her (ha!) I threw them away. <P>I've got to get better for me right? Except for mundane business-like conversation regarding the kids, I need to leave her alone right ?

Joined: Sep 1999
Posts: 5,406
N
NSR Offline
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Sep 1999
Posts: 5,406
Welcome <B>modelt</B>...<P>There is a post of general welcome I wish to share with you... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It has a lot of quick links to many of the <B>most</B> important MB sites...<BR>Click here ==> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000553.html" TARGET=_blank>General Welcome for All New Builders(Newbies)</A><P><B>About your post</B>...<P>Where am I in plan A/B?...<BR>...the answer is that it is your choice!!! <P>We normally recommend a <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8113_ab.html" TARGET=_blank>Plan A</A>... for about 6 months...<BR>Check out my post <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum30/HTML/000176.html" TARGET=_blank>Plan A - 101 (2nd ed.)</A>.<P>Do/should you hound your W?...<BR>...no... but every effort to show her (not tell her but show her by your actions)... that you will have a longterm improvement following Plan A changes in your life should be your goal.<P>It's want everyone (man, woman and child) wants in their earthly realtionships!!!<P>As far as anti-depressants go...<BR>...1. they are not a panacea<BR>...2. they take time (4-6 weeks normally)<BR>...3. <B>they are necessary some times</B>!!!<BR>The emotional impact of the destruction of a marriage, can result in chemical imbalances!!!!... and they can/should be corrected... for at least a temporary duration.<P>It's OK to admit you are weak...<BR>...it's not OK to leave it at that...<BR>...<B>be the best you can be</B>... stick with Plan A for as long as you can!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000254.html" TARGET=_blank>Jim</A> / <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000037.html" TARGET=_blank>NSR</A>


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0