Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 501
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 501
Hey guys,<p>Quick update,<p>In the past week I have said less than 10 words to my H.<p>They included on Sunday, "Thanks, I've got it from here" This was when he brought them home at 9:20 knowing son was singing in choir special and needed to be at church at 9:30. I gathered them up and was in the house in less than 30 seconds and shut door behind me. <p>Only other contact was this morning when I passed him in the driveway leaving. I said " All you have left is shoes & socks. I have to go" (I had company coming to work and had to be there early)<p>All other days I've had kids ready and out the door as soon as he pulls up and I've gone straight to the shower (door locked)just in case he thinks about coming in the house to speak to me.<p>I beleive that he thinks I'm playing a game and that I'll break first. Don't get me wrong, this is very hard. I still love him and hate that he is living with OW, who doesn't even know there was any hope for our marriage. I miss talking to him. I miss hugging him. I miss hearing about his night at work, etc. BUT I've been firm so far in avoiding him and everyday gets a bit easier. I still cry at night over my lost dreams and my lonliness, but I am getting stronger and not getting sucked back in to his "be my best friend" game is helping me.<p>I was thinking of breaking one rule and sending him a small flower or ballon arrangement on Tuesday. It is our son's 6th birthday and I just wanted the card to read something like:<p>Thanks for the gift of our son, 6 years ago today,<p>We love you,<p>Goofy Idea.. I know but it accomplishes 1 thing. One it lets other woman know I still love him and may place some doubt in her mind if he has told her otherwise. I wrote her a letter once but did not send it based on advice from my MB crewmates. It wasn't a bad letter but at the time it served no purpose either. It was directed more towards H than her anyway, I later found out by re-reading it a month or so later.. H did read it.<p>I don't plan on talking to him and I really don't care if sending arrangement is seen as LB by him. I'm in Plan B not Plan A anymore.<p>Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this strictly against MB rules to thank him for my son, even if there is an alternative motive. I'm sure he will see right through it but at this point I have nothing to lose. I've lost him anyway. <p>He hired a lawyer and our first motion hearing is in 3 weeks.<p>Any ideas?<p>PP

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 448
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 448
Hi PP - no, I definitely would not send him a gift or a card. Has he asked about coming to your son's birthday party?<p>The book "Surviving an Affair" has an example where a copy of the plan B letter was sent to the OM, with a short hand-written note at the bottom letting OM know that BS still loved WS and intended to restore the marriage. Did you send a copy of your plan B letter to OW? I think that's all I might do in your situation. I'm not sure what reaction to expect. I'm very close to plan B myself but I don't plan to send a copy to OM. There have been 4, and as individuals, they're not important. But in your case, it could have some value.<p>Glad to hear that you're doing better on plan B. Keep it up. If you can be consistent, he will notice and it could end up making a difference.<p>- Tom


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0