Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
My H is blowing off this week's Retrouvaille meeting (Retrouvaille is the only structured program he has made any effort at, albeit half-a$$ed). Why? Because it coincides with the Raider game. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Note we own two VCRs, AND we also have TiVo (something I, in my ignorance, sacrificed to get him for his birthday during his A). [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] <p>If there was something lower than last place, that's where I and our M would be on his priority list. Situations just like this are the story of my 10-year M in a nutshell. I am a prop, a service provider, nothing more.<p>And I'm supposed to just say, "Okay" and accept stuff like this because if I don't, he'll treat me like sh*t for days or weeks or months for daring to feel differently than he does about it.<p>I will be going by myself, probably the only lone person there, but I keep MY commitments.<p>[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Conqueror ]</p>

G
G
Conq--I guess perhaps you could score a couple of tickets to the game, tell him about it and then take a friend. OUCH!!!<p>Play hardball. Tell him in a very nice way that he can watch football the rest of his life but his chances with you are down to the two minute warning--he's down a touchdown, no timeouts left, Gannon's hurt, Rice is out with a torn ACL and . . .Tell him that--verbatim. He'll get the point. If he doesn't then take a stand. You can't force him to go to R-ville. Obviously, as I am learning, we can't make the horses drink from the stream. Nothing prohibits us from kicking them in the a** while they are looking in the stream, though [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I can't think of anything else seriously worthy--I suppose if you really wanted to push the football thing to the "Guido" degree, you could go out and buy a Kurt Warner jersey and start hyping the Rams as the "Greatest Show On Earth" LOL<p>Take Care, and God Bless!<p>Guido

O
O
Hey C,<p>Is your H is a CA Raider fan? If you are in this area, let me know!!! Nope I am not a big Raider fan (sorry guys) but this is our neck of the woods. <p>I know being low priority in anyone's list sucks! Work your way to the top. Football season is a temp thing. Yea! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>L.

T
T
Hi Conqueror - tell him that game doesn't matter because the Raiders wouldn't be able to get past the Steelers the following week. I'm sure that will help. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

C
OP Offline
C
LOL, you guys--love the football analogies and Steelers taunt! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Two or three months ago, I might have actually tried the football warning, but these days I KNOW there's no point. Back then he was whining about having to go to the Dr. for STD tests because he had to work and didn't have time. My response was, "Well, I know you found time to conduct an A and be with and talk to OW on the phone all the time, so I know you do find time for what is important to you, so whatever." I guess having sex with me was important enough because he showed up.<p>At this point, I'd rather just save my breath, do what I want to do, continue making life a Nirvana for him for the next couple of months, so his loss when I go to Plan B will be that much greater.<p>If it's not football, it's basketball, golf, bowling, etc. The "season" never ends for him. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm a sports fan myself, but if one of my children was in critical condition and needed emergency surgery, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to tear myself away from the TV and take care of the business at hand. I guess a hemorrhaging M that he gave the death blow to is not that much of an emergency. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img]

C
OP Offline
C
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by guidobalata:
<strong>Conq--I guess perhaps you could score a couple of tickets to the game, tell him about it and then take a friend. OUCH!!!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>If only!!! Wanna join me? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

G
G
<p>[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Bunny ]</p>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 258 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation