Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#463313 07/22/02 02:38 PM
W
OP Offline
W
would like to know how many have actually survived an affair and had marriage improve.

#463314 07/23/02 10:51 PM
C
C
it has been 3 months since i found out my husband had an affair that lasted 6 weeks before I found out. He was seeing a 21year old (he's 32) co worker. It was pretty devestating for me. Things had been going along pretty rough with us I'd even said maybe he should leave since we just couldn't speak civil at times to each other. We have 3 great kids (girls). Basically looking back it was heading down a dangerous path both our emotional needs had been forgotten about. Still an affair is not reason. At first I did't know where to start. He said he'd end the affair & try to see if we could work it out. To cut it short we did a couple of counselling sessions - they were okay. Talked for hours on end about why or how and what happend. It killed me to know the details but I felt I needed to know in order to move on. At first I didn't hate her (3rd party) but now I despise her. I even met with her 2 times to try to understand it all. But now we are doing really well. My husband has said he regrets it all & wants to start a new & better relationship with me. We have taken alot of time together weekends away (without kids) he took time off in school holidays just to be with us & spend that quality time. He only just said the other day that this is the first time in a really long time like years since he has just focused on me and our relationship together & he is glad he did because he is really happy & can not thank me enough for giving us a 2nd chance. It can work. It is just really hard work and It is worth it too. I am now just having trouble working away all the horrible thoughts I have about them being together. BUT untimately I feel it definately can work, but be prepared for a long hard hill climb. Good Luck.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation