Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this correlation. I've been sick 3 times in the last 6 months, from time of discovery until now which is 4 months into withdrawal, and each time I've noticed that while sick I have less reserve to cope with anything. <P>I feel like I've put sooooo much of myself into keeping our marriage intact, that I life day to day life on my reserve, and then when sick I dive deep down into a cave because I have no reserve left to go on.<P>Has anyone else noticed something similar? It's kind of a peculiar phenomenon, and probably not to healthy. I guess we're not kinding when we feel that the experience of an affair leaves us all feeling STRESSED OUT!!<P>~Jenn

K
K Offline
K
Absolutely. Physical and mental (emotional) health are intertwined. You do need to take time for yourself, for recovery. Both physically and emotionally. So do it---Dr. K's orders.

O
O
Jenn<BR>Hi, just reading through the site and noticed your message. True enough last night and today I have had flu symptoms with fever. Last week I had a bad cold. I discovered my H was having and Emotional Affair in June and have been emotionally and physically sick since. I have lost 35-40 lbs since then too.<P>You are not alone. This thing can make you crazy. My H was off for two weeks during this holiday time. Not once did he says do you want to come meet me for lunch, lets do something together "not that I care much anymore", or anything like that. He was going to his job to get his pay check today. I had to ask 100 questions just to find out what time you are going, what time are you coming home, because we were suppose to go do our regular grocery shopping with our daughter this pm. In the process of questioning he said he was going to eat lunch with the people at work, do some shoping and come home. Cute, he knew I was getting off early today, he knew we were going shopping. Why not go with me, offer me to go with him to get his check. OH, thats where the girlfriend is at work I forgot to tell you that, His fling was with a younger coworker. Of course, It was no big thing. SURE.<P>He just got home from picking up his check and shopping. I came home at12 noon with fever and to angry and sick to go grocery shopping when he got back. So he and my dgt went shopping. I couldn't help myself by asking what did you have for dinner.??<BR>You see his affair took him out to eat twice with his coworker. I don't have any trust in what he does, or goes. I am so angry and mad right now. I don't care anymore. I guess I am not much help to you. I am not very encouraging either. But Yes we do get sick more often I think because our resistance is down or maybe even off.<BR>Sorry for the negative, but I am so angry. He has no remorse, or sorrow and could care less if I trusted. God this is making me so dead inside.<BR>Overcomer.

M
M
Yes, you will get sick. My husband and I were having problems for a few months before I found out about the OW. I have been sick since. Since Dec. 20th I've lost 13 pounds. I wanted to lose 10 pregnancy ponds but not this way. Plus I have problems with my blood sugar so I need to eat, but I can't so I get migraines from that. Plus I've almost passed out a few times. My H has only been gone for a week and it's still hard. I pray that it gets easier for you. Take care of yourself.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation