Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2
N
Junior Member
Junior Member
N Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2
My 44 year old wife, the woman I still love, moved into her own apartment 15 months ago. This was preceeded by her having several internet affairs. I discovered her deeds, and she was sorry at first, then later angered by my snoopiness. She moved out, and her first purchase was her own computer. Over the last year she has met many guys, causal affairs for sex. She chatted all the time, and enjoyed her independance. She flew to Vegas to meet a guy, and I think she still emotionally is involved with him. She expressed a desire to see our older teen kids more, and I have asked her many times to reconsider and move home. I am new to this site and must admit did quite a bit of Love Busting during this time. The current relationship between her and I is good I guess, we go out to eat, work out, watch TV, etc. She comes over after work/school and stays until 8-9pm. Its as if everything is normal except she sleeps at her appt. She says she "loves me but she is not in love with me." We are together a lot and actually communicated well. I believe I have been in a sort of plan A for quite a while. But her life is pretty good, she has her family need met by being with us most of the time, then she goes home and chats/phones etc.
So my quesiton is, do I stick with this and hope she comes out of the fog eventually, or go to plan B, ask her to not come over any more, to force the issue. I am running out here myself ...thanks!!

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 150
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 150
i'd say after 15 months, it's time to protect yourself by moving onto plan b. as long as she can have everything, she'll just keep going on the way she has been. until there are some real consequences to her actions, she won't have to face the reality of the choice she's made. cut her off from you, no more coming over to hang out and watch tv or working out or dinners. either she works her way back to the marriage or works her way out. do you really want to keep hanging on the way you are now for years to come?

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,950
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,950
I agree with kristawny in that as long as your WW knows there are no consequences to her behavior, she can enjoy her lifestyle of having lovers and a H willing to always be there for her if things turn sour.

There's another reason why you should consider plan B and that is while you still love your WW, the resentment within you is building up with every betrayal she subjects you to, and if she ever does decide to come back and sincerely committ herself on rebuilding the M, you will probably have an extremely difficult time in overcoming your resentment thus making any marital recovery efforts on your part highly unlikely to succeed.

Remember that even if you do a flawless plan A/plan B there is absolutely NO guarantee that it will save your M, so the sooner you start accepting the possibility that your M may end up in divorce, the sooner you can start making decisions based on reason and less on emotion.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2
N
Junior Member
Junior Member
N Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2
Thank you for your feedback. I have been holding on too long here for my own good. When I tell her that she can only come to our house to visitswhen are kids are home, she will blow up. She knows our son doesnt like to go to her place. I know this is right and I will do this in as pleasant a way as possible. She can still see them pretty much anytime, (they are teenagers, how much are they home anyway?), but she cant be at the house when kids arent there. That is the only change, switching to B. Thanks for the link and the feedback.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0