Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I am so thankful that I found this website and the people on it. I believe that following the MB principles I have a much better chance of saving my marriage, but I know it will be hard. I am grateful for all the support that there is on these forum.

History:
I found out in mid-December that my husband had an EA with a co-worker that progressed very rapidly to a PA. (The whole thing had happened over about 2 1/2 months.) She was in the process of deciding to leave her husband, and he comforted her, and they both decided that she a deserved better man - my husband.

When I found out, he said he didn't think he could give her up, I got the ILYBINILWY speech, and found that he felt that I had not been meeting his needs for years (when I asked later why he hadn't told me he felt this way, he said that he "didn't want to hurt my feelings"). She is his Muse, and I am a good friend and a good mother to his children. I think that part of this is foggy talk rewriting history, but he believes it right now.

Since I knew this woman (she and I and my husband all work in a 300 person division) and had been on a friendly basis with her, I met with her, and with tears in her eyes she agreed to "not see him again". But contact continued, and around the first week of January I begged her to not be in contact with him AT ALL. I think she did, because he got furious with me and told me that he wanted to see if he could develop a relationship with HER, and that he would not even think about trying to work with me on our marriage until he had found out whether THEY could develop a relationship. (I am no longer in contact with OW.)

A couple of weeks later he told me that he needed to move out to "decide what he wanted". I understand that this is code for "I want a place to have OW over without interference."

His family has stopped talking to him over this, they want him to work with me and save the marriage.

I know that at this time, he does not intend to hurt us financially, but then again, this is not the man I knew and I will protect our sons and myself in any legally filed document.

And after all the background, here are my questions:
How do I do an effective plan A when he won't let me fill the EN's he said I hadn't been filling (being warm to his friends and family), romance and SF? (And of course someone else is filling SF now.)
And, when it gets to it, how do I plan B while we all work together?

Thank you all for your stories, they give me hope. I want to be one of the MB successes.

B
B
Start in Plan A for the time you do see him. You should stay in it for several months.However, OW will have to work somewhere else, you your H needs to change jobs, before you can work on the marriage.

Later, if he refuses to have NC you can think about Plan B.

Good luck and keep reading here and posting.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 372 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation