I went to the first night of the mandatory course for parents. One of the presenters started talking about couples growing apart so far that their differences were "irretrievable", about them becoming incompatible. I wanted to jump up and shout that of course they grew apart when one of them was in the midst of an affair. How can divorce courses ignore the fact that almost all divorces in long term marriages involve infidelity?<P>The gross generalizations were really getting to me - for instance they lumped all adolescents together, saying that we should still look at them primarily as children. That may be the case if they are 13, but my college age daughters are not children, and shouldn't be treated as such. They also claimed that once they hit adolescence, friends are far more important to them than family, which certainly isn't the case among most homeschooled children.<P>One woman complained that another had burdened her children, 7 and 9, with "adult issues" because they knew the bank was foreclosing on their house and they would have to move in the next month. Shortly after my H left, my son said that parents should never lie to their children, that it was just about the worse thing they could do. I know I have always hated being treated like a mushroom, even when I was a child, and my older kids have always become incensed when they felt left out of the loop. <P>