My husband and I have been married now for almost two months. We have been together for close to four years. We have always dreamed of having our "dream home" just like any other couple.
<p>Well, that dream is finally coming true for us after searching, having offers refused, etc., etc. I was very excited when we found out that we are officially "under contract" on the home and couldn't wait to tell my husband. So I called him at work and he just didn't react the way I thought he would...and since then his enthusiasm and happiness towards our new home is not what I had hoped it would be. I finally confronted him on it last night and he is very stressed, as am I, about getting into a house payment, etc. Then he was turned down for a job he interviewed for last week within the company he currently works for. He was so in hopes of getting that new position so that he wouldn't have to deal with this one employee he is in charge of who gives him heck every day. He can't get any of his superiors to back him on either re-positioning her or firing her. My husband is an excellent worker and has been awarded and complemented by his peers and his customers...but yet his superiors won't back him in a situation like this. It is very frustrating. So between the stress of his job and the stress of buying a new home....things just haven't been that happy around our apartment and I feel helpless. I have been crying uncontrolably for a few days off and on. He will not comfort me like he usually does...he just sits there.
<p>I just don't know what to do....I have tried and tried to convince him that we will be able to make the house payment with no problem...have even put everything down on paper, but I can't seem to ease his mind....and we close on the house in a month!
<p>What can I do?