Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
russian Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I also posted this in the "young marriages" section."<P>I am looking for opinoins and thoughts. I am not involved in any religion, and I don't want to read alot<BR> of books. <BR> I am recently married and already having a very hard time staying commited to my marriage. (I am<BR> not at all interested in having an affair, or seeking romantic or emotional support from someone else).<BR> In my life with my husband, I have ended up being responsible for everything, from making sure my<BR> husband gets up in the morning, to all housework, cooking, paying bills, car maitenence, etc... I also<BR> work full time and he works part time. I am sure I am being overly negative, but it seems like all he<BR> does is watch TV and make messes for me to clean up.<BR> We have tried to talk and talk about it, but all that happens is that I talk about how I feel, and he<BR> never says anything. (It seems that we don't talk with eachother, I just talk at him.) I always end up<BR> feeling like the victim. He has refused to go to counseling (together or seperately), read books, etc...<BR> (after all, he refuses to even talk about our relationship, what do I expect?) I have done the nag nag<BR> thing, the refusal to help him with his life anymore thing, the why bother to talk to you anymore thing,<BR> ... sigh... I am sure he has alot going on in his head, and he is probably clinically depressed, but<BR> there is nothing I can do but make things worse (it seems).<BR> Anyhow, as you can see, I feel sorry for myself, and I feel that I am in a position where I have to<BR> make a unilateral decision about our relationship. I really don't like being in yet another situation<BR> where everything is up to me. Anyhow, the conclusion I have come to is that the best thing would be<BR> for me get my own place, maybe in a few months, so I can have my life back, and let him sort his<BR> problems out.<BR> Should I tell him this now? I know it will make him very upset, and I certainly don't want to add more<BR> emotional nurturing to my job-list. I am already exhausted. But, this seems like the kind of thing I<BR> shouldn't just spring on him when the time is right for me.<BR> What do other people think? <BR>

J
JB Offline
J
You don't need to read a LOT of books. But, why not check out a couple. Don't be afraid of counseling. I think you have a serious problem on your hands. But, it seems your decision is to just end things. Take a deep breath. Step back and learn a little about whats happening (if you can find time) before you make the big move. Try NOT doing his jobs for him. It's called natural consequences with children. Tell him you are too busy to say for example cook 4 nights a week. If he doesn't want to cook, you'll be eating out and he can fend for himself. Or, getting him up in the morning (geez). What would happen if he slept in. Let him find out.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (bestintentions, 1 invisible), 258 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
margoqwerty66, Torres1986, AE1992, Verota, Quiniferous
71,879 Registered Users
Latest Posts
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by BrainHurts - 10/17/24 01:06 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Child activities
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Am I crazy to get a divorce?
by BrainHurts - 10/08/24 12:44 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,612
Posts2,323,447
Members71,879
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation