My wife may have fallen out of love with me. I can't totally blame her. She is very successful and has been supporting myself and our son mostly on her own for a few years now. I have a couple of part-time jobs that are not very steady. She wants us to buy a house more than anything in the world. My lack of work and her desire to make me happy has damaged our credit making it impossible to get financing. It took so much for me to realize how unfair it has been for her, that she doesn't know if our marriage can be saved. I'm mending my ways. I'm out every day searching for a job that will pay what I think she expects from me, but with this emotional trauma killing me, it feels hopeless. There is nothing I want more than to fix our marriage and regain her love. She's the most wonderful person I've ever met. She says that she can't offer any promises about what is going to happen between us, which I can understand, since she doesn't know if it's too late for us. She says that she's still faithful, and I trust her, but in this condition I've become suspicious of every little thing and everyone. It's impossible to give her the space she's says that she needs because it's shredding me inside. She had decided to go to counseling on her own and then if that helps then marriage counseling with me.
I am a good father and a good man, and besides my career deficiency and poor financial state, I believe I am a good husband as well. I am willing to do ANYTHING to salvage this marriage. I'm so upset I haven't been able to keep any amount of food down for 5 days now.
Besides securing a job, what else can I do to rescue my marriage from myself?