Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60210 02/13/05 12:31 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1
I am a 26 year old mother of two and a husband, we have been married for almost 4 years and have been together for 6. At the beginning everything was going so good, we got along great and everything was just fun and happy. Here is where everything began, on our wedding day!!! He had a hangover because the night before he went out all night drinking with his friends, and that was understandable. The day we got married, he hardly talked to me and got so trashed, almost to the point where it felt like he didn't want to remember the day. From then on, everything went like that, every major holiday, he wouldn't get me anything or do anything for me, my birthdays were always last minute ideas and gifts, sometimes I would have to plan my own birthday things to do. He has a brother that is always in our business (as well as all of his family) and one day he and I got into an argument right in front of my husband and my brother-in-law said some really bad things to me. My husband just sat there and didn't say a word, he didn't even stand up for me, and that was not the first time, whenever anyone has anything to say about me, he doesn't defend me. He is in the Army now and we are living in North Carolina with him and I thought that everything would get better but if anything, our fighting happens almost everyday and when we are not fighting, he's upstairs and I'm downstairs, and vice versa. I told him that I didn't think our marriage was going to work, but he refuses to either give me a separation or try to make things better. I've tried all that I could, I left everything I knew to be with him and he doesn't seem to want to see me happy. I know I'm not making any sense right now, but I'm so sad and lonely because I have a husband who does not think I am special enough to make our marriage an enjoyable enough.

#60211 02/13/05 12:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 619
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 619
Welcome to Marriage Builders. You've come to the right place if you're looking for some support in your marriage.

First of all, read everything on the site. There are articles, Q&A sections, questionnaires. Fill your head with all of the information that you can.

Next, get a copy of His Needs Her Needs. I think that you can get it from the bookstore on the site.

Does your husband drink a lot other than holidays? Could he be an alcoholic? Will he seek treatment?

I know that it's awful when his family disrespects you and he doesn't stand up for you. Have you told him how it makes you feel?

C


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0