Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62382 05/31/02 07:07 PM
I
OP Offline
I
This morning, h was over at the office. said he had turned over a "new leaf" and was going to help with the business. YEA!!! as he's over there, he says that the company equipment is now "HIS". i'm confused at this. I say, you mean the busineses? he says NO. that he's starting his own business and to he** with me and i had better fund it. I got mad. I said i couldn't belive he would do this to us and that i thought it was a really low thing for him to do. I know i shouldn't. but i did. after we hung up, i felt bad for yelling back at him. <p>So I wrote him an apology:<p>I am aplolgizing for the way I behaved on the phone today.<p>I made disrespectful judgements, and I had an angry outburst.<p>It's not only an ineffective way to produce long-lasting change in your behavior, but it also destroys your love for me.<p>I have also made disrespectful judgments towards you. When I present a problem to you, I should avoid expressing it as being your fault. "If you were less selfish, we wouldn't have this problem," This gets me nowhere. Instead of blaming you for the problem, I need to view it as a problem for me that is, apparently, not a problem for you.<p>Granted, I have also presented complaints before in a thoughtful way, and you have responded with thoughtlessness, which has made me very tempted to revert to being demanding, disrespectful and angry. But it takes two to fight, and if you you do not respond positively to my presentation, I will simply end the discussion, and re-introduce the problem again later.<p>I will strive to take good care of myself and my children both physically, mentally and spiritually. Thanks for listening sweetie.<p>------<p>I read it to him over the phone. and he BLEW UP.
started screaming and yelling, threatening me, everything. <p>Now, what did I do??? I thought that was a very heartfelt, wonderful way to bring up this issue. I was upbeat and perky when i called, showed in my voice and attitude that i really did mean it when i said i was sorry. The only difference is me saying that i was going to take care of myself, by not letting him yell at me for hours like he is used to. he has done this for years, and i don't want it any more. <p>he emails me: <p>Thank you for explaining to me that until I am willing to "respond positively" to your authority as CEO of SSC that you will NOT allow our son to have anything to do with me.<p>WHAT??? how did he get THAT from our letter???<p>he then called up and said he was through with me, said he was going to trash all the equipment or take it to the goodwill, that he would ruin me, kill me, my son would die in my arms... on and on. he wouln't listen when i tried to explain that that what he wrote was not what i said or meant at all! he started throwing things around the room when i wouldn't get mad too. I got scared and fed up.<p>He said i had 1 hour to pick up the company equipment and get the He** out of his life. I went and picked up some equipment, at least the computers and files, things i couldn't replace and what i could get in an hour. <p>Then i went and started a new company bank account and arranged for his phone numbers (he says he will be living at the office and i'd better stay away and everything in it is now his)to be dissconected from the business. I did not get a TRO.<p>Did I go too far? is there something I could have done to prevent this? All i was trying to do was apologize for yelling back at him. what did i do wrong??? How can i meet his emotional needs if i don't even understand them?

#62383 06/02/02 07:45 AM
F
F
HUH???!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>It sounds like he has dropped off the deep end. <p>Have you been having problems? Sorry, I don't know your story. But that seems way overboard.<p>And I would not take those types of threats idly. IF he so much as moves an eyebrow, call the cops. This is scary!

#62384 06/02/02 03:27 PM
B
B
I agree with FranklyMyDears.<p>This guy is a potential firebomb. <p>Please notify your local authorities today, if only as a precaution.<p>Threats of harm to you and especially to your children, should be taken seriously!<p>So many people have been known to claim that they had witnessed threatening behavior, but failed to make an official complaint because they did not believe the threat was serious.<p>Please, err on the side of caution. <p>Call the cops. If he doesn't break the law, no harm done. You and you kids will be safer in the long run.<p>Protect yourself and your child. This man is dangerous!

#62385 06/03/02 07:46 PM
I
OP Offline
I
No harm done? He has told me, that if I ever call the cops on him, we are OVER. end of disscussion. He considers that to be a LB of global porportions... think not only an A but coming home to an orgy in progress with your spouse hosting.

#62386 06/04/02 01:04 AM
N
N
You do not have a marriage; you are a victim of spousal abuse. Leave, before it is too late. Remember also, that your son is learning from your husband's behavior.Don't allow the cycle to continue. You cannot reason with an abuser......I tried for 19 years.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 501 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation