Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#63085 11/23/03 07:04 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I have been married for about 7 years. My husband has never really been one who likes to make love very often. I am the total oppisite. We have a lot of fights about it. I try not to iniciate it but sometimes it is too hard. I am not sure how to even ask. Our realationship in the bedroom is very akward. I know he isnt in the mood but I dont know how to put him in one, all I want is for it to be easier. I need some advice. I dont want to pressure him but I know I need the emotional fulfillment that it gives me when actually wants to be with me. I know he loves me very much, but I also know he doesnt desire me.I am getting very depressed. Does anyone have any advice for me?

#63086 11/23/03 09:56 PM
L
L
Dear Feeling Down:
There is a difference betwen not desiring you and not desiring to be sexual. They aren't always the same thing. So be careful, not to hurt yourself in this way.
Gently ask him for what you need. Ask for a sex date at least once a week. This seems like something not too overwhelming that he could respond to. Negotiate... Ask what you can do for him in return.
Is he depressed? Angry or just a man with a low libido?
Make this pleasureable for both of you. Ask him to help you find a way to ease your lonliness.

#63087 11/24/03 01:27 AM
Q
Q
Dear Feeling Down, ( Reader Advisory: Contains Explicit Ideas)

How are your massage skills? I have massage instruction tapes. This is a link to a nice one, Click here: Essalen Massage Video Instruction Tape

Lisart is hitting one of my martial problems, Timing. I like the dawn. My wife likes just as drifting to sleep.

Rabbi Boteach is a controversial Rabbi. I have only seen the reviews, but I read in an MB post, who leafed through the book, that that this book will knock everyone's eyes out: Kosher Adultery by Shmuel Boteach, Hardcover: 336 pages; Publisher: Adams Media Corporation; (September 2002) ISBN: 1580627927

Posting is therapeutic

Post more detailed questions

Quipper
Husband of 28 years, raised 2 challenging kids, still struggling

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,097 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation