Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
I have just finished reading a rather fascinating book about marriage and divorce called The Marriage Medics by Cynthia Cooper.

The book contains five experts, a financial guy who gives good advice on talks about finance, and a sex therapist who gets into how couples should talk openly about their sexual needs.

The book not only contains good advice about how to avoid a divorce but some good stuff about maintaining a healthy marriage. My sister Nan, who is separated from her husband of 12 years, found the book online and suggested I read it. I did and just passed it on to my wife Carolyn to read.

The Marriage Medics tells why some couples end up divorced and others remain married but with a better relationship with their spouse. Couples who save their marriage have to deal with a lot of complicated issues which is why this book is so neat. The book contains the views of five experts, each with a special outlook based on their expertise. Cynthia Cooper is a psychologist and counselor. Other experts are a lawyer, finance guy, a sex coach, and a military chaplain.

Its really unusual to read one book, on any topic, and give five different viewpoints. For anyone facing divorce or wanting to improve their marriage, I think its great to get these different perspectives
in one book. Its almost like reading five books!

Cooper wrote more than the others and was really solid. The finance person wrote about how money can destroy a marriage and how successful couples handle their money. The chaplain talked to Navy personnel and couples of all backgrounds about how spiritual matters are important in a relationship. The sex coach had some neat things to say based on her practice as a sex therapist. The attorney is involved in family law and he warned about costly a divorce really can be.

I picked up ideas that will help my marriage from all five experts. My sister also found very useful ideas in the book, and what she found very helpful was very different from my favorite material. I paid less than $30 for the book on the Internet at a web site that had the books title in the name, like www.themarriagemedics.com. Take a look at it and see what you think.

B
B
This is an infomercial trying to spam an MB forum. I have reported the post and requested that it be removed.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 968 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation