Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tulip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I still haven't signed the final divorce papers yet. The waiting is driving me nuts! <P>Anyway, My x called tonight to talk with the kids but asked to speak with me first. He said he couldn't take the kids this weekend (his weekend) because he had to work. Who really knows what the "real" reason is. <P>All in all he was extremely nice. He said he didn't want to be an ogre and was willing to work with me on anything. He also said thank you whenever I gave him an answer he liked. I finally told him "I guess that you are happy now that you got what you wanted (divorce)." He said he guessed I was happy that I got most of what I wanted in the divorce. I replied with "No, I think you got off too easy." <P>Maybe I'm just bitter, but I really think after all he has done he deserves nothing. Was I wrong for saying what I did? It didn't seem to make him mad, but I'm sure he got the hint I was angry. This wishy-washy behavior just blows my mind.

C
C
Tulip, Wrong to show your anger? Not at all! There is a nothing at all wrong with reminding the departing spouse what tragedy they have wrought. One does need to 'be nice' cause of the need to co-parent and all that, but that doesn't mean that they should be let off the hook as a result. That's one of the problems with todays' society, it is considered quite socially acceptable to walk away from a marriage, and I'm all for changing that societal belief, and think it perfectly ok to 'call it like you see it' and let others know that you are angry and hurt.

T
Tulip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks Chuck. That makes me feel a lot better. Hmmm...do you have any ideas on how to change society's belief that it is ok to walk out on a marriage? If so, I'd love to hear it as I'm all for changing that belief! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Take care. <P>Tulip

C
C
Hey Tulip..... I'd love to find ways to get society to wake up about that! I'll be sure to post if I find a solution, let me know if you do too! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation