Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 136 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 135 136
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Murph,<P>Forget about the ice cream!!! I will now challenge you to a wrestling match for the Shower Massager!!! Do you accept the challenge?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>DG<P>P.S. I didn't hear you complaining last night about being up so late! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
<BR>OOPS!!!!<p>[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited June 10, 2000).]

M
M
Mitz,<BR> What's with all this wrestling talk?Don't tell me you're a fan of WWF Wrestling?Are you going to pick me up,and give me a full-body slam for my ShowerMassager?For all I know,you could be 7'tall,and 350lbs.If that's the case,I'll hand over my Showermassager so I don't have to hurt you.<BR> <BR> No,I don't complain,as long as I have my icecream bars. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> --Murph

W
W
Hey Murphy,<P>What ya doing????<P>Wrestling Mitz,and full body slams would be very interesting to see. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It really is a shame that the SM has become our most recent dates.<P>Speaking of dates.......have you heard from Zippy????<P>I hope it went well for him......well,as long as he didn't have any meat hanging off his neck and he left his cat alone! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
M
Hey Gina,<BR> Haven't heard anything from Zip.Maybe it's in General Questions Forum,which I don't spend as much time on.Maybe he had one of his cats hanging around his neck,and scared her away.Well,they say no news is good news.Guess we'll have to wait and see.<BR> How was your day?<P> --Murph

W
W
I hope that it did go well!<P>My day was alright........it rained pretty much all day. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]....(no,pool today.)<P>I just hung w/the kids and played all day.<P>Did you have a good dinner w/your parents?<BR>Where did you all go?<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
M
My folks cooked dinner tonight.They enjoy cooking together.We had steak,potatoes,vegs with cheese sauce,real good.After that,I install a new dining room light for them.Just call me Bob Vila.<BR> The weather wasn't too bad here.It rained once in a while,but the sun came out,too.Tomorrow might even be better.Got any big plans?<P> --Murph<BR>

W
W
Gosh,that dinner sounds great!<P>So,you installed a new light....WOW!So should we call you Murph-Vila???....a man after my own heart!......don't know what it is.I told my stbx a while back that if he would get a tool belt and get up on a ladder for me than I would do anything for him!..LOL<BR>He didn't<<<<sigh>>>>> Oh well,his loss!<P>I don't have anything big going on,I was supose to go to the lake and just chill out.<BR>I guess I will have to try and do it next week-end.<P>If it's nice I will just go to the pool!<BR>Maybe take the kids to the park.Who knows,we just wing it everyday.<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
M
Put on a tool belt,and get on a ladder,and you'd do anything.....Gee,I did that to work on the house,and stbx would go in and read a book while I did the work.But then again,I'm not Tom Cruise material. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] But I got the work done.<BR> Have you done a lot of work on your house yourself?<P> --Murph

W
W
Oh ya,I am a warped one. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I have gone through and completly re-tiled my stand up shower.Added rope molding in the center like a border,than inbetween that,I took the tile paint and painted a leaf pattern from a stencil......It is really cool [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I have gone through and took down the old 70's paneling......and put up dry wall,rented a texture machine,and added texture,than painted.<P>Went through and gave my kitchen a whole new look.(it was ugly old dark brown stain.)I went and painted them all,then added a border trim molding around the edge,put all new hardware on.....changed out the dark brown base molding.....put in new white.<P>MMmmmmm let's see....gosh,I know that there is more,just can't think of it right now.<P>My H did help w/the dry wall.I did everything else.<P>We did have a guy come out and put in the new counters for us....and the faucet and sink.(I didn't want to mess w/that)<P>I love working on the house!.....I really haven't done much lately.....it is summer so I will take it easy for now.<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
M
Gina,<BR> I'm really impressed!Sounds like you really know how to handle a hammer.Just like your house,I've done so much on this one,I wouldn't know where to start.<BR>One of the hardest things was putting in a new waterline,about 120'worth.Up a hill,across the driveway,and through a rockery,it was a lot of work.It would of cost a fortune,so I did it myself pretty cheap.Rented a Ditch-Witch to dig it,but those things really beat you up!<BR> I'm thinking new garage doors next.<P> --Murph

T
T
Hey Gina,<BR>Wow, that is so cool. Glad to hear there are more handy-women out there!! One of my favorite shows is "This Old House" too. <P>My ex and I completely restored a 1924 bungalow in Florida a few years back. Both of us worked on it, in true partnership style. A very nice memory. <P>Lets see, I did:<P>Drywall<BR>Plaster<BR>Jackhammered a concrete slab (and have pics to prove it!)<BR>refinished kitchen cabinets<P>With my H's help:<BR>Refinished the heart pine floors<BR>tiled the bathroom floor<BR>replaced bathroom fixtures (sink and toilet, they were that old nasty avocado green)<BR>replaced kitchen counters (yes the sink and faucet too. It is easier than you think!)<P>In two weeks, I'll be moving to a new place where I plan to:<P>refinish the oak floors<BR>install ceiling fans<BR>fence in the backyard (for my furry four-legged children)<P>Hey Murphy,<BR>Glad you can wield a tool belt like the best of 'em. Ya see? There are women out there who won't just sit on their butts and read a book! There are actually a few of us out there who like doing this kind of thing. I'm going sailing today. Plenty of sun but not much wind, looks like. Oh well. Good day for jumping in the lake and keeping up my tan. Have fun whatever you decide to do.

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>Nope not a fan of wrestling. (At least not on TV! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>I actually made it thru the night. I thought I was gonna have to tape my eyes open though! LOL<P>Now this thread has turned to home improvements. I'm slowly learning how to fix things myself! (patting self on back)<P>Have a good day all!<P>Mitz...DG

M
M
Hey gals,<BR>I thought I was the only woman who enjoyed This Old House. I rather liked Bob Villa....I was so depressed when the new guy took over a few years back. Bob Villa always made me feel good......he could mess up anything.<P>In our old house...I refinished all the kitchen cabinets.....layed tile in kitchen and both baths.....put new doors on all the closets.....painted...stenciled....put molding in.....put new insulation in the attic....new vanity in both baths.....put new medicine cabinets in both baths....did drywall patching....then we sold the house.<P>We bought a new home and I was so depressed...not much to do....then got a wild hair up the butt to rip out the carpeting in our 25x20 family room and lay hardwood floor....my advice on that one was...Kids, don't try this at home. It was alot harder than I thought. I used the glue down kind and you can't have the furnace on and I started in March...still cold here in Indiana. Since I got no help from stbx....it took me about 3 weeks...made a mess...but it looks great now.<P>That is my dream now.....to buy an older home and have some fun. I just need to marry a Norm kind of guy...I'd keep him busy.<P>I agree...something about a tool belt and sweat dripping down....gets me going everytime....but I still don't like the "nordge" kind of guys...pull them pants up.

W
W
Hey Murphy,<P>I am sorry that I didn't come back......my son was crying,I went in and layed down w/him for him to stop and I feel asleep. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I think of my self as an any kind of women,I can do anything when I put my mind to it.......I don't think that there is anthing that I can't do. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].....no big EGO <BR>here. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>TS,Mitz,and Mental,</B><P>I am glad that there are more women out there that do enjoy this.I always took such pride in doing this and most of all,saving MONEY for my H.......(he has dreaded every project that I did,he wants a nice place,like the "Jones".......not have to spend the money and deffinatly not have to do the work.)Oh well,maybe my next one will enjoy it as much as I.<P>Mental,I do agree w/you on the "nordge",don't like to see that.<P>Well,we can only dream......<<<<sigh>>>><P>You all take it easy!<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>I AM HEADED TO THE POOL!!!!!!!!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitz

W
W
Hey DG,<P>Have a great time!........<P>Try to control your self! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Let me know later about the view! K?<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

M
M
RAIN,RAIN,RAIN,ALL IT DOES HERE IS RAIN!<P> OK,I got that off my chest.It's OK,Gina,I was nodding off myself.You can work on my house anyday.You have a great Sunday.<BR> <BR>Student,I have some advice on those ceiling fans.Don't buy the cheap ones!I walked into the bedroom one day,and the cheap one had stopped moving,was just humming,and there was that electrical fire smell.D@mn thing could of burned the house down!I replaced them with Hunter fans(supposed to be the best).<P>Nancy,aren't those hardwood floors fun?Especially when the walls aren't square?So,what do you think of a guy with a toolbelt on,with rain dripping down him?That'll be me,working on my house in Seattle.<P> Mitz-DG,sounds like you had an action-packed night.Have fun at the pool today.I would of liked to have gone down to the beach today,but my sunglasses don't have windshield wipers on them.Catch ya later.<P> --Murph <BR>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>Not much view! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Now, if I were 10 years younger, there would have been at least something to look at without feeling like a pervert! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Not looking for a younger one though! (Although I could probably train a younger one! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>Murph,<BR>Sorry to hear about all the rain. It was about 100 degrees today. I just got home and it's still 91 out. Plus I got a little sunburned! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] But it felt good to not be home!! <P>Mitz...DG [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Hey Mitz-DG,<BR> I'm really sorry to hear you got sunburned today laying out by the pool. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> My dog and I were cocooned in this house all day!Actually,I did some work inside,worked on my classic car,and vacuumed and dusted.I'll make somebody a good W someday.<BR> So,are you ready for your weekend?You can work on that sunburn.Well,I'm going to grab some din-din.Talk to you later.Maybe we should call this "The After-Dinner Club"?<P> --Murph

Page 17 of 136 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation