Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 136 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 135 136
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>Maybe we should call you Domestic God! LOL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I don't get a weekend!! I work 3pm-11pm Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday and Friday. Only Thursday off. But not too bad. <P>BTW, it's waaaayyy after dinner here! LOL <P>My suburn isn't that bad. Coulda been a lot worse since I'm fairly light complected. But in a few days, it will be tan! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitz...DG

W
W
Mitz-DG,<P>Only young ones to look at huh?.....oh well,<BR>maybe next time! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Did I read that Murphy was cleaning.....and did he say dusting????...gesssshhhh,I need him over here.That is one thing that I hate doing!<P>My stbx is very fare skined,he will fry,I can go out just for a couple of minutes and have a tan starting.....he would get so mad at me.....Ha,oh well,...... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I love the summer!<P>So your back on your regular shift tomorrow?<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>A man that does housework! Amazing, huh?? LOL<P>I really don't have a regular shift. I just got lucky and got this shift for the last 2 weeks. But it could change next week. Hopefully not though. II can keep this shift and keep the paperwork done, I may be able to become house manager. I'm applying for it and hoping to get it. It means a pay raise! <P>Mitz...DG

W
W
Mitz,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>A man that does housework! Amazing, huh?? LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Man I am telling ya,I just don't understand why people take what they have forgranted,and don't see what they do really have.(I just don't get it?????)<P>I bet that you do get the job/promotion,that sounds great!......Yeah,more money! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Have you said that you have been to VA beach? I couldn't remember?.....I am looking to go the beach in Aug-just don't know exactly where?<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>My H didn't do anything around the house. It was a hassle getting him to mow the lawn. He ripped a door off of one of our kitchen cabinets during one of his "temper tantrums" and it took him 4 months to fix it! <P>I haven't been to VA beach but I've been to Ocean City, MD. I really liked OC but I've heard that VA beach is a lot nicer.<P>Mitz

W
W
Mitz,<P>I hear ya about mowing the lawn,that is the only thing that I have had to do differently since he left.(I do hate it tho.won't tell him that.)<P>That is right.....I remember now about OC,I am going to my parents in OH,than taking off,I really want to go to the beach,I guess I need to get some prices of the different areas.....They said that I could take a week-or longer if I wanted to.(they are sooo great!)<P>I did look into taking the curise thing,but I just don't want to do that by my self.Maybe in a couple of years when I have met my Prince.(yes,I can still dream.)LOL<BR>There is someone out there for me,I know it.<BR>(wishfull thinking HUH?)<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>I know there is someone out there for me. I don't want to live alone for the rest of my life. I enjoy the companionship. And if you think about it, I never had a real marriage to begin with. It was nowhere near normal so, I don't think I'll count it once I'm divorced! LOL<P>I want a real, normal relationship!<P>Mitzi

Y
Y
Hey guy and gals,<P>I love household projects, that is one thing I really miss from my marriage, having a helper when you get a bee in your bonnet. <P>I had the day from hell today! It is dark, dreary and rainy here. Went out last night with some friends and one of them is building a house and wanted us to check it out. It was dark and we are walking through this house being built and I trip and fall down. My shoes were heavy clunky things with big elastics that held me in. I woke up this morning with purple feet. I went to the hospital and guess what? I broke both my feet. I have a broken right 5th metatarcil and a left broken baby toe. I have a feeling my europe trip is not going to be a reality. <P>I bet nobody had that kind of luck today. I feel kinda cursed. But I am dealing. I have to stay home now and chill. Oh well talk to ya all later.<P>Gerri

M
M
Hey Goddesses,<BR> Talking behind my back again?<BR> Reality Check:You find your Prince,and in 10 years you're married to a couch that burbs!<BR> Yeah,I did most of the yardwork,and a lot of the housework,even did my own laundry.Just call me Hazel.I listen to women at work complain that their H can't get off the couch and take out the garbage.I think I spoiled my stbx.<BR> So how do you define a real,normal relationship?Somebody please tell me!<P> --Murph

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gerri,<P>BIG OUCH!!! Hope you're feeling better soon!! <P>Murph,<P>I've never had a normal relationship! I guess I missed out on something great. I would just like to have a relationship with someone who is not afraid to help out around the house. Who doesn't think it's all "women's work." And someone who will pay attention to the kids. Not just toss a football or baseball to them once a summer. And someone who is pretty cheerful, not angry all the time. To me that would be normal and real.<P>The Head Goddess! LOL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

W
W
Gerri,<P>I'm sorry to hear that.It sounds like something that I would do.Hope you get to feeling better! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hey Head G-LOL.....LOL...that is good I like that! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I agree w/you there......sounds like we kinda had the same thing in a H.(altough we did use to have a lot of fun together.He just changed so much.)<P>Murph,I know what you mean about spoiling,I think that I did the same thing....so why is it that they leave thinking that what they have is better???....I don't get it?<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]...2G.<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina (2G),<P>I honestly hope your marriage was nothing like mine! Mine was horrible! I just didn't realize it for a long time. My H was very physically abusive. You name it, he did it! I was lucky that I wasn't hurt enough to be hospitalized.<P>I think Murph is getting paranoid! LOL He's accusing us of talking behind his back! LOL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Head Goddess!

M
M
Gerri,<BR> "OUCH!" That had to hurt!I didn't know you could break your feet that easy.Now you have a good excuse to lay around and catch up on those Jerry Springer shows!Take it easy.<P> I guess the grass must be greener......<BR> I think some people will just never be happy with what they have.I did a lot of things for stbx that I know other H's didn't.Maybe I was too much of a realist,while she wanted a Fabio(always reading those romance novels).Who knows,maybe if her and BoyToy get married,someday he'll be the couch that burbs.<BR> What were your H's so angry about?Life in general?<P> --Murph

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I'm still not too sure what all my H was angry about. He is also an alcoholic. The only thing I could ever figure out was if I opened my mouth, whatever came out made him mad. One time, I went into the bedroom to wake him up for work. I shook him gently and said "Honey, it's time to get up." He grabbed me by the throat and pinned me against the wall. I never learned how to help him be happy.<P>Head Goddess!

W
W
Hey Mitz (HG)Ha,I just love it!<P>Oh,no you are right,mine wasn't like yours.<P>We really did have a good marriage.......almost married 12 and we started to go down hill shortly after our 2 child,he will be 5 next month.<P>This is why it just doesn't make any sence to me.....he told me that he does love me,still desires me,loves to have sex,we are the best of friends,loves my company......OK.SO YOU SAY THAN WHAT?????....<BR>It hit the fan in Oct-Nov.....and for 4 months things were better,he even said that they were.........so HE MOVES OUT......I just don't get it????? It is very hard not to take it personaly.<BR>I am glad that you didn't get hurt.....it is good that you did get out...(gosh,I can't even begin to imagine.)<P>Your right about Murph,he,he,he, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]...so,you don't say......I know,I can't believe it either!......oh,we better stop he might see this. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><p>[This message has been edited by w.g.up.h (edited June 11, 2000).]

M
M
Mitz-DG,<BR> That's terrible!I'm sorry you had to go through that.You're right,that's not even close to a normal marriage.I know a gal at work who got her nose broken three times before she left her H.I figure if things are so bad that you have to start beating on your spouse,it's time to leave the marriage.<P> Gina-BG,<BR> You really can't take it too personal.It's more about him than you.I don't feel like I screwed up that much;she couldn't even give me one good reason to leave me.And I never hit her,yelled at her,or abused her,(well,OK,only when she wanted it!).But perhaps like your H,she just got bored,and wanted something else.And here I thought we got married for better or worse,not until something better comes along!<P> --Murph

W
W
Hey Murphy,<P>All in all I know that I have done everything that I could.(sometimes it is hard tho.).....I too took my vows very seriously.....he is a conflict avoider,and runs....(I also think that there is an EA,going on at work,no proof just my gut instincts)I know that there is nothing I can do about that......so,I filed and I am ready to move on. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I sure am glad that I did find this place.It has helped me out sooo much!....<BR>I know that the next time I will be bound for Glory!!<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]....(BG)<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>There are some things in life that we will never understand. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Murph,<P>You don't have to be sorry! It was my choice to stay in a marriage like that. It went on the entire 10 years we were married. I allowed it. It just takes some people longer to decide that they've had enough. I was told for the last 2 years we were together that no man would want a woman with 3 kids. I now know that was just a way of controlling me. My H is the one with the problem. I got rid of my biggest problem the day he left. Now you know why I am so happy to be getting my divorce! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi (HG)

W
W
Oh.....Ian is crying.....gotta go!<P>Have a good one you two! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>C-ya tomorrow!<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com](BG)

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
G'Night Goddess #2!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Page 18 of 136 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation