Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 136 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 135 136
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina/Barbara,<P>Everytime you think I have my back turned, you start hitting on Murph!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>We had a lot of rain and a nasty thunderstorm this evening. Glad it's over...I'm a big chicken!!<P>Hopefully I'll get to the pool this weekend. <P>Just remember not to smile all the time. People might begin to wonder.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie

W
W
Mitz/Jodie,<P>I know,I know ya gotta remember that I'm not the smooth operator I use to be.......just qick enough for ya. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>(don't worry.......Icould never horn in on someone's action....."pinky promise") [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I don't mind the storms so much as I hate the tornado storms.....get quite a few of them here.(we had 3 last year in a 1 month period......very close to here.)that was scary! We were at school at the time and I<BR>had to take the Kindergarten boy's in their bathroom.......UGH...Pee-U....stinky!!LOL<P>Hey,ya know about the smiling all the time......didn't ya know that comes from my new date.......SM... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]LOL......<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><p>[This message has been edited by w.g.up.h (edited June 15, 2000).]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> No wonder you have old 26yr-olds hitting on you.What do they say when you tell them how old you are?"Oops,sorry Ma'am."<BR> Barb,<BR> Thank for bending your rules,Now I feel better.Hey,75'tomorrow,80'on Sat.Pool weather(if I had a pool).Where is the pool you go to? I'm by a lake.A little yucky to swim in.<P> --Murph/Mel

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Barbara,<P>We had a tornado here 2 years ago. Scared the bee-jeezus out of me!!! It went down the highway 2 miles from my house, right past my grandma's house! SCARY!!<P>Mel,<P>Actually, the guy that asked me out thought I was older since I have a son who is almost 11. He just thought I looked damn good for my age! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (I'm glad I didn't ask how old he actually thought I was! LOL)<P>Jodie

W
W
Mel,Jodie,.....this just cracks me up!<P>Mel,you are welcome! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].....I was carded just a couple of weeks ago.That was nice! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I go to the Athletic Club.......ya know,trying to work out and show all those styrantions......or what ever the heck they are called......LOL.,.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Let me all ask you something...........<P>Do you think that a women that has a very self esteem issue.......very shy,can than be very stuborn and behave like things should be her way or the high way>???????...does that make sence to you?????<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina/Barbara,<P>I was very shy and submissive in my marriage. H got everything his way. But now, if and when I do have another relationship, I won't be that way. We either agree on something or it's not done.Period. <P>Self-esteem is just something that needs to be worked on. Getting compliments from men always helps! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie

W
W
Mitz,<P>What I am saying is can it be both ways.....<BR>I always thought that if someone has low esteem they would go out of there way to kiss someone's a@#.....per say,to make sure that that person was happy.<P>Can that same person than behave like it is me......and what "I" want,and I don't care about your needs?????<P>Does this make sence......I just don't think that the 2 go together.......it is one or the other.<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
M
Getting divorced doesn't help the old self-esteem,either.Makes you feel kinda like a loser,like you weren't good enough.But then most of the people I know have been divorced at least once.A sign of the times.<P> --Murph/Mel

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't know...maybe a person with low self-esteem could actually be both ways. Maybe they could act horribly selfish to sabotage a relationship because they don't think they deserve it. Some people do feel like they don't deserve any happiness and will do things to ruin it. <BR>Make sense?<P>Mitz

W
W
You are right Mel,<P>It is hard,not to take it so personal.<P>What do you think about this conversation??<BR>Your opinions?????<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
Yes,that does make sence in a way.......what would one do to have to get through this.....even if the person is in counseling already??????<P>How does a H react to this......of going years of being rejected,and not having any needs met????<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina and Mel,<BR> <BR>I had low self-esteem before my H started his affair. But that came from 10 years of abuse. Even before then, I was VERY shy. Now, I'm still a little shy but my self-esteem is slowly coming back. I've realized that H got the sh***y end of the deal. He lost a great wife and ended up with a floozy! She is definately not better than me.<P>Murph,<BR>You're not a loser! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie

M
M
G/B,<BR> I think someone with a low self-esteem can also be very critical of other people.They put others down to build themselves up.I don't think there's any set rules when it comes to personalities.I hate labels for people.<P> --M/M

W
W
Mitz,Murph,<P>Hey Murph,your a great guy......your stbx will see what she lost!!!For that matter all of our stbx will see!.....The great thing is we will be even better than before!<P>I just don't understand.....this other MB persons......situation.....I don't like labeling others either!It just doesn't make any sence to me........Unless Mitzi had it right........she could be sabataging it.<P>Wouldn't her counselor see this????...How do they work on getting around that??<P>G [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>I guess a person could convince a counselor of anything. My H got a DUI and actually convinced his alcohol counselor that he quit drinking. <P>But a counselor may be able to pick up on it after talking with the person for a while and on a very regular basis.<P>Mitz [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
Ok,guys..........both of you are missing.....MMMMMmmmmmmmmm,interesting very interesting!..LOL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Have a good one......I am going to think about that Mitz,I think that you could be right! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].......<P>Gonna go to sleep now...zzzzzzzzz<P>C ya tomarrow!.....sweet dreams guys..... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Nite nite, Gina!!<P>Mitz/Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
G/B,<BR> Thanks,but why do I feel BoyToy is probably so much better than me?He already went through this stage of personel growth because his W cheated,and walked out on him.Now,I feel wiser(a little too late),and probably took my marriage for granted after all those years(who doesn't).I kinda doubt that she'll ever miss me,well,maybe my money.But I won't ever take any relationship for granted again.<P> --M/M

M
M
Hey Gina......oops,too late!<BR> Night,Gina/Barb<P> --Murph/Mel

M
M
Well,I'm off to bed,too.Have a good day,tomorrow,Jodie....er,Mitz [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> --Murph

Page 25 of 136 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation