Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 136 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 135 136
M
M
Yeah,I'm afraid no matter what I say I'll get the standard"We gave you life"speech.I'll probably talk to my Dad alone,and just tell him that I don't want to ruin our relationship.My sis said our mother said a while back they were going to move in with her,but sis said"I don't think so"in a joking manner.<BR> This is really becoming a nightmare.First,W leaves me for a kid,we're getting a divorce,now I might be living with Mommy and Daddy again.I feel like I'm going backwards in time! "Somebody wake me up!!!"<P> --Baby Murph

W
W
Oh,Murph,<P>I am sooo sorry. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>that has got to be hard.<P>what a nightmare!<P>well,Mitz,lets just change the subject and talk about something else!....<P>No any good jokes????

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>WE ARE OVER HERE!!! LOL<P>Baby Mel,<P>It is hard to talk to your parents about things like that. Maybe you could offer to let them stay once in a while so that it doesn't seem like you don't want them around at all?? <P>Mitz/Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
yeah ,work out the good ole <BR>POJA..........LOL....<P>I think that would work.<BR>gessssshhh,they would have to understand.<BR>I would think..........<BR>Also maybe they might think that you want company bc you are going through all of this and are lonely.....<P>You are,but not for your parents.......LOL<BR>I know my mom and dad said the same thing they wanted to come down to "help out"......Help out w/what I said...I am doing fine thank you for the offer.LOL<BR>they mean well.<P>

M
M
Mitz,<BR> Letting them stay one summer sounds like a rationale thing to do,but I'm afraid with them,it would just set a precedent.Who knows,maybe when the time comes,they won't ask.<BR> Hey Gina/Marilyn,<BR> Just wondered,can you do the"standing on the street grate with your white dress blowing up"thing? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> --Mel/Max

W
W
oh,you betcha,I can do anything .........LOL<P>It will be ok!.........<P>How has the week gone for you 2???<P>Mine has just been sucky!!!!

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<BR>Mine live 2 houses away, but they do respect my privacy now. <P>Mel,<BR>Hey! Hey! Hey! What's this about dresses blowing up??? <P>Maybe instead of staying all summer, they could maybe stay every other weekend?? Or a couple of days every other week?? This is a toughie!!<P>Mitzi/Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Y
Y
Hi everybody,<P>It looks like we will be hitting 1000 with all these double posters.<P>Murph,<P>Quit your whining, I had my 18 year old move back home for an indefinite period and that has got to be worse than parents. He is a slob and a lazy slouch that so far only sleeps all day. No really living again with your parents would be a challenge. You have to be honest with them and work out some other arrangements. I can't stop laughing at your description of your mom, granny from BHB's, LOL.<P>Talking new vehicles, I have to go find a new one soon, I lease mine and its lease is over in October. I have been thinking about a convertible, but it rains so much here that Im not sure it is worth it. I don't know if they will let me test drive one with a cast on one foot and a bunion boot on the other. Plus I can't stand the pressure of the sale. I am going to try to get it over with on Friday. It is supposed to take 4-5 months to get a car when you order it. I am going to finally get the dream car. H is driving a Boxter around so I deserve something just as sweet!!!!<P>Hey Mizi,<P>You should leave your car running wherever you go and maybe someone will take it and then you have an excuse for moving up. I once had a car stolen. It was later used ina bank robbery. I had the FBI staking out my house for weeks. That was the 1st year of my marriage when I lived in a low income apartment. Wow things do change. Wouldn't want to go back<P>Take care and happy posting!<P>Ger

W
W
I think that Jodie does have a good idea.<P>Something to think about!<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<BR>My week has been ok. Seems like it should be Friday though! LOL<P>Ger,<BR>Believe me, I've thought of that!LOL<BR>Now that I'm working though, I should be able to afford a car payment. I'm going to see how this month goes financially and probably start looking next month. I just don't know what I'm looking for yet. <P>Mitz/Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Gerri,<BR> Whining?You haven't met Granny,I mean Mom. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> Maybe I will work out other arrangements,(I'll move).<BR> Have you seen those new Plymouth P.T.Cruiser's? Pretty sharp,and inexpensive.<BR>Or were you thinking of something that'll hit 180 MPH? <P> --Whiney Murph

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Mel/Murph,<P>I'm sure you'll think of something that will satisfy both you and your parents. Let me know what you decide. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> I already have.I'M GOING TO COME LIVE WITH YOU!!! Think you can handle another kid?<P> --Murph(what's for dinner?) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Mel,<P>LOL LOL LOL I don't get to cook dinner at home except for weekends. I have to help the guys at work with dinner. They are only mildly retarded so they can do alot for themselves. Tonight we fixed hamburgers, mac and cheese, and carrots. (They pick the menu too! LOL) I think Saturday I'm gonna fix lasagna for my boys for dinner. YUM!!<P>Hell, if I can deal with 3 boys, I can deal with 4! LOL LOL<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> Lasagna sounds good.How are you with Flank steak? Haven't had that for a while.My in-laws were big cookers and eaters.I really miss those meals.You know,you take things for granted......... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> --Murph/RW

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Mel,<P>I'm a pretty good cook. I learned from my mother and grandmother. Ya know, that down home kinda cooking. I think my specialties would have to be chili, lasagna, cheese stuffed shells, and I make a kick-[censored] potato salad! LOL LOL But I can cook pretty much anything. The only 2 things I haven't been able to do good at are homemade bread (I stick to the frozen dough! LOL) and pie crusts. <P>My stbx MIL is a pretty good cook, although not as good as the women in MY family! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> Now you did it,you're making me hungry.I need to get to bed before I go raid the fridge,and then I really won't sleep!<BR> I'll give you a wake-up call at 5AM PDT.<BR> Have a fun day tomorrow,(I know,you have a fun day,everyday!)Catch you later..... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> --MM/RW

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Mel,<P>I'm usually snacking right about now! LOL Gotta quit that or I'll gain back the weight I lost! LOL<P>I'll probably be here (8am my time). The boys don't let me sleep in too often. <P>G'Night,<BR>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ok, you stumped me, Murph. <P>What does the RW stand for????<P>Jodie/Mitz

B
B
Well, I keep missing this party! I just came in from tubbing w/ my sister & BIL.<P>Funny you guys were talking about tornados... I'm watching Twister right now. I've seen a few up close and personal.... not fun.<P>I must say I love my Explorer... my mom & dad had one for 10 years.... it had 178k miles, and they still got 3000 in trade on it. <P>I think it's time for me to turn in too... well, maybe I'll get this thread to 700 before I do... LOL<P>Nighty Night!<BR>B

Page 35 of 136 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation