Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 136 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 135 136
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Bob!<P>I'm here and Murph will probably be here for a while too.<P>Murph,<BR>I'd rather sleep alone than with a spider!!! LOL<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Hey Jodie,<BR> Spiders need companionship,too.<BR> I was in my den downstairs one night,watching the TV with the lights out.A big spider crawl out to the end of the couch arm,and watched TV with me.<BR>"That what friends are for"....... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P> What kind of critters do you have in W VA?<P> ~~Murph

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Murph,<P>We have all kinds of critters in WV. Spiders, June bugs (YUK!!), salamanders, mosquitoes, Just your run-of-the-mill pests! I'd rather have a snake crawl across my couch than a spider! :shiver:<P>One time a friend and her husband were at my house and a June bug got in. I ran in the bathroom and locked the door until he killed it and threw it away. If he would have put it on me, I would have had a heart attack! LOL LOL (Yep, call me chicken!)<P>Mitz/Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> I actually slept in this morning.<BR> I saw MI2 with my clone-Tom yesterday.It was an action-packed movie,but I started nodding off half-way through.I must of been tired!<P> You'd rather have a snake crawl across your stomach than a spider?Some of those snakes are poisonous,you know.<BR> So I guess when I get done chasing Daisy around with a ShowerMassager,I get to chase you around with a June Bug? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph/Tom,<P>Chase me with a june bug and you die!!!!<P>We only have 2 poisonous snakes in this area, copperheads and rattlesnakes. We have a lot of non-poisonous snakes though. They don't bother me as much as spiders. I try to steer clear of the poisonous ones. I don't like praying mantis either! I wouldn't make a good exterminator! LOL<P>Went to Deep Creek Lake today. It was great to get out of the house. I played in the water with the boys, laid in the sun and ate like a pig! LOL LOL<P>Mitz/Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
M
Jodie,<BR> I'm glad you didn't spend all day housecleaning.Sounds like you had some other fun,too.I did some housework and yardwork,then goofed off. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <BR>Hey,Dt.Murph found Deep Creek Lake on the map!It's in MD.Looks like a good size lake.Do you have a boat? <BR> Bob isn't too far from you,either.He lives in Akron.<BR> <BR>What's going on tomorrow? <P> ~~Murph/Tom [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Det. Murph,<P>Yeah, I have a huge boat! NOT!! Nope, just went to swim and lay in the sun!! Gotta work on that movie star tan! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bob had told me before that he lived in Ohio and sometimes came to Parkersburg, WV for work. Parkersburg is about 3 hours away from me.<P>Tomorrow is the cleaning day! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> I took a closer look at that lake at Excite.com(I must be bored!).That is a big lake! With a lot of houses around it?<P> So what you're saying is,you put off today what you can do tomorrow? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> We want to see pix of that movie star tan!!!<P> ~~Murph/BB

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Det. Murph,<P>Yep, it's a big lake with a lot of houses. Expensive houses, too! But it's really nice. <P>If I don't clean my house tomorrow, the mess is going to completely take over! LOL LOL <P>I'm still working on the movie star tan! I'm fair skinned so it takes a while! LOL<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> Well,there you go.Start hanging around those expensive houses with that movie star tan,and maybe some rich bachelor will snap you up! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> Of course,then I'd lose my Jodie. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> But she'd be happy in one of those nice houses on the lake. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> Maybe she'd even find a Mel Lookalike! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> ~~Murph<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I'd have to spend a lot of time there to catch a rich bachelor. It's basically a family oriented place and I work a lot....so not a lot of time to spend there anyway! Who needs a rich man anyway?? <P>No Mel Gibson look-alikes for me...I'd only take the real thing! LOL LOL<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> Well,I guess you're out of luck.Mel's happily married,well,this year anyway(you know those Hollywood types).<P>What? A woman who doesn't want a rich man?<BR> I,...I don't believe it!Don't you want to lounge around the lake all day,eating Bon-Bons? <P> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>Nope, don't want or need a rich man. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Just someone to be comfortable with. I've never had a lot of money and got by just fine. See? I'm not like any other woman on earth! I'm special! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> That's what I've been telling you all along!<BR> <BR>I spent a ton of $$$$ on my stbx,and she just took it for granted.It's true,money doesn't buy you happiness(but I'll give being a miserable millionaire a shot!).<P> ~~Murph/Bill Gates<BR>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I always appreciated everything I had. My family is definately not wealthy but always had everything we needed. When I got married, my H was working and making $6 an hour. And there was a time when he was laid off and getting $134 a week from unemployment. Somehow we always got by. I guess I must be a genius when it comes to managing money! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> How's your Sunday? Cleaning house,or lazing around? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> The big secret with managing money,is being smart with what you have,no matter how much or how little.The rich folks have known this for years.<BR>I would have to say that I'm probably sitting better on my own,than when I was with the W.She was a big spender,and doesn't have a lot of financial sense.She grew up in a family that's the same way.I tried for years to get my SIL(who is single,older,and poor)to give me a lousy $50 a month to invest in mutual funds for her.But spending her money was more important,and she'll be broke for life.My W may find this out,too.<BR> I don't feel the need to be rich,either.I just want a comfortable life,very little debt,and a decent retirement(on a lake [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P> How's that tan coming? We want pix!!!<P> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I'm not getting as much done as I need to! I'm getting too much email and just can't bear to turn this thing off! LOL<BR>I'm almost done with laundry though! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I have a 401K plan thru work so that's good for me. I'm just a softie. My kids ask for something and if they ask often enough, I try to get it. But I don't let the bills go. They come first. I'm doing alot better since my stbx left. I don't have to worry about having enough drinking money for him. (and he usually wanted at least $50 a week, most of the time, the last 6 months he was here it was $100).<P>Can't work on a tan slaving away in a house!!! LOL <P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

M
M
Jodie,<BR> $100 a week?That's a lot of beers.Now if he'd gone to Costco,and bought it in bulk....<P> That's great that you have a 401K.It's the best deal in town,especially if you get to choose the funds.<P> Yeah,I got my housework done,too.Even waxed the van,that's a job in itself.Sometimes I wish my house was a little smaller,so there wasn't so much dusting,and vacuuming.<P> I hope the weather is nice this week so you can work on that tan! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> ~~Murph/Backtowork [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>When you sit in a bar for 14 hours a day, you spend a lot of money! LOL<P>I got a lot done today but not all of it. I'll have time to finish up before work tomorrow. I also have to take one of my dogs to get spayed tomorrow. She's 7 months old and I don't want a bunch of puppies running around my house. <P>I just wish I had someone to do the house work for me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> Don't think I could sit still for 14 hours,let alone in a bar with a bunch of lushes around me!<P> So,you're taking your pooch in to see Dr.Snippit,huh? I'm calling the Inhumane Society on you.What happened to live and let breed? I thought you liked puppies?<P> You need help with the housework? <BR> "LORA,YOU'RE NEEDED OVER HERE!!!"<P> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Page 57 of 136 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation