Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 136 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 135 136
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Butterfly,<P>I'm sooo glad nothing like that has happened to me! I'm still pretty "vulerable" right now! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I don't know that I would have had the will-power to stop!<P>I am such a procrastinator when it comes to cleaning house.<P>I do know what you mean about staying online. I did it all the time. And still do! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I just don't want to answer the phone if stbx calls. This way he can leave a message and the boys can call him back! (Plus I'm an internet junkie!)<P>I wonder if I can get a prize for 1220??<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> The only one posting on this thread?What am I,chopped liver? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> Pretty hot at work today,but you know us NW wimps.I'll have to check out the pix of that eclipse.I wish it was darker here,so I could see more stars.Beautiful moon last night,though.<P> You had a a strange married man offer to buy you a drink,and you turned him down?Kinda picky,ain't ya? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <BR> I know what you mean about being vulnerable,though.I suppose if TheStudent showed up,and wanted to jump my bones,I'd probably............never mind!<P> Busty,<BR> What's going on with you???<BR> Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?(not me)<BR> The Murphy Hilton,that's good.We even serve an uncomplimentary breakfast.<BR> <BR>Did you hear Mitz won the trip up the Space Needle? She's not sure if she wants to go.I think you and I can"persuade"her to get on the elevator(you get the arms,I'll get the legs).She'll get that free trip whether she wants it or not! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> Prize for the 1300 Post? Bungee Jumping? Sky Diving? Suspension Bridge in BC???<P> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> <P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I meant I didn't want to be the only one posting earlier today!! <P>The guy was really trying hard! Poor thing! He even unbuttoned his shirt to show me his tattoo!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (It's probably a good thing my 3 year old was home at the time! LOL LOL)<P>Just try getting me to go up the Space Needle! I can run like hell when I'm petrified!!!! (I'll just have to come armed with a bag full of glasses! Look out!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>I guess I'll just have to let someone else get the prize for 1300!! <P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> You really like those guys with the tattoos?<BR> <BR> WAIT A MINUTE! WHAT WAS THAT GUY DOING PEELING OFF HIS SHIRT IN YOUR HOUSE???<P> Don't worry,I won't force you to go on the elevator.It also has a set of stairs. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> ~~Murph<BR> <p>[This message has been edited by Murphy (edited July 16, 2000).]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>Not his tattoos! He had his 3 kids' names tattooed on his arm, chest and leg. They didn't even have any color in them. Just done in black ink. Weren't done by a very good artist either. <P>What can I say?? Men see me and they want to take their shirts off. Must be the movie star looks and tan! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Stairs are even worse than an elevator. I can think about how high up I'm going for a longer period of time! LOL LOL<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> Men see you,and they want to take their shirts off?<BR> Gee,if I ran into a tan Jodie Foster,I'd want to take something else off! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> I don't think either of us would make it up 600' of stairs! Maybe next year.<BR> <BR> How hot did it get there today? It was about 80'here.The house is still warm.<P> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <P><BR> <P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I think the guy thought he was going to impress me with his tattoos! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] No thanks! He is way too cool for me! LOL <P>There is no way I'm climbing 600' of stairs!!! I don't care what year it is! LOL I'll just stand on the ground and wave to y'all! <P>I'm not sure what the temp was here. About 85 I think. But it was humid too! It thundered all day but we never got any rain. Sunshine and thunder! Go figure!<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> Is tomorrow really Monday? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <BR>So,it can thunder without clouds?I was in Florida on a sunny day,and I thought I heard thunder.When it thunders here,we're usually in for a good storm.Weren't you the one who hides under the covers during a storm? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P> I gave up trying to impress anyone years ago.What's the point? If you got it,flaunt it;if you don't got it,you ain't got nothing to flaunt!<P> ~~Murph

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I guess now it can thunder and the sun can shine! I have to admit, it was a little strange. <P>Yes, it was me! I have the big fear of thunderstorms! LOL But that is getting better. I don't want my kids to be as afraid as I am, so I force myself to sit calmly thru them. It's hard though when I really want to close all the windows and curtains and hide! LOL <P>There is no one around here worth impressing! Just a bunch of losers! LOL <P>Yep, tomorrow is Monday! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
Murph,<BR>Like I said... my mind went on vacation! Hey, if I come out that way in August or September, will ya take me to the Space Pin? How far is it to Pasco/Richland from there? I have friends there I want to see on my way to LA. I'm still trying to decide on dates.... but I'm thinking about the middle of August or late Sept.<P>Mitz, <BR>I didn't get much housework done today... how bout you? I've been planning all the things I want to do on my vacation, and it's almost late enough to get off-line and check my messages [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Watch out for those men with tatoos... scary! I got hit on last night after I left X's house.... in my car, this really good looking guy pulled up next to me. He invited me to a party in the mountains.... Yeah, my brain was scrambled, but not that much! LOL LOL. Actually, there were several guys in trucks headed that way w/ camping gear. Oh well, if he's clever, he could get my name from my license plate, and they drove past my house on their way (saw me pull in). LOL <P>I'm still trying to find the ingredients for the bath bombs.... I can't find the citric acid powder. Any ideas where I might find it?<P>*sigh* I think I'll check my messages... see if anyone called.<P>Smooches,<BR>BB<BR>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
butterfly,<P>I WISH I had gotten a lot more done today! LOL It usually turns out that way though. I have good intentions! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>This is only the 2nd guy to ask me out since stbx left. It feels really weird to have a man ask me to go somewhere with him. Almost like I'm in high school again! LOL<P>I haven't even had time to look for the bath bomb ingredients yet... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitz [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> I hope we're not a bunch of losers.<BR> Just some dedicated people who tried to save their marriage,even though their spouse's were out screwing around.There's got to be some integrity in that. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <BR>I remember reading in"Tough Love"that the author,James Dobsen said that if he caught his W cheating,he'd never want to see or hear from her again,period.I only wish I could be that tough.But then he wrote the book,right?<P> I guess I've never been afraid of storms.We always turned out the lights,opened the blinds,and watched it out our large picture window.I'm more afraid of what people can do to me,than what Mother Nature can!<P> ~~Murph

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>No, we're definately not losers. We all did our best but sometimes that isn't enough to hold a marriage together. On of these days, our spouses will see what they've lost and regret it. <P>I'd rather not hear from my stbx again. If it wasn't for the kids, I wouldn't. (Not that I hear from him that often even with kids). He's just a part of my life that I'd like to forget ever existed.<P>There is no way I can watch a storm. I can sit there while it's happening but I'm not getting close to any windows! LOL<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Busty,<BR> Here I thought you were going to help me shove,er,I mean guide Mitz onto the elevator!<P> I could take you up as long as you don't get scared when you see how high it is!<BR>Pasco is probably about 250 miles from Seattle.A little bit of a drive.Bringing your Ferrari?<P> Jodie,<BR> See! Everyone wants to go up the Needle.<BR> <BR>I hope you're right about the regret thing,just to make me feel better.Unfortunately,I don't seem to be able to forget that part of my life,because it was pretty good.<BR> <BR>It's OK,my windows are grounded! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> ~~Murph

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I told ya, I'll stand on the ground and wave to y'all!!! LOL<P>I do think I am right, especially if the marriage was good. Mine sucked, so it's easier for me to forget about. But my stbx had it made. He couldn't have asked for a better wife. <P>Mitz [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> I've done a lot of looking back at my marriage,in retrospect.<BR> Our first few years together,she was a real good W,but that seemed to change over the years.<BR> It just seems like the last several years,I was the one bringing her coffee,building her fires,washing her car,rubbing her feet and back,buying her little gifts,etc,all without being asked.If I wanted anything,I usually had to ask.But I loved to put her on the floor while we watched TV,and give her a long massage.<BR> Did your H do things like this for you? Is it possible to give too much?<P> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

T
T
I've been watching this thread. I haven't been posting in a long time, but I decided to come out of hiding and say "HI"!<P><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/9703/friendship.html" TARGET=_blank>Friends!</A><P>Hugs & Kisses,<BR>TCF

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>On the rare occassion, he did nice things for me. We were together a total of 14 years and I think he bought me 4 birthday gifts. And I think he bought me something for Christmas about 5 or 6 times. He only did something for me if he wanted something in return. He never did things just to do them. And if I asked him to do anything, he *****ed about it the whole time. <P>He wasn't a good husband.<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi TCF!! <P>Thank you for coming out of hiding to post this for us!! <P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> 4 Birthday gifts?<BR> Sorry,I can't comprehend that. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <BR>I usually sent flowers to my W's office,bought her a nice gift,and took her out to dinner on her B-day,Valentines Day,and our anniversary day,for 21 years.<BR> Isn't that what a H is supposed to do?<P> I'm off to hit the hay........ZZZZZZZZ<BR> You have a good Monday. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> ~~Murph/Sleepy

Page 62 of 136 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation