Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
W
Hey Gang!<P>Where are ya????<BR>Murph,Mitz,Drew,Cinderella?<P>OH.........sure guys!......I finally get online w/my own PC again......and no one is around!!......thanks guys!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Come on out!........I have been out w/the kids in a car for 2 days.....I need some ADULT conversation.....LOL......PLEASE! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

C
C
Can only compute when I'm at work and I have to pick and choose my times. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Yard God and Long Tall Drew. When are you coming to do my yard? I'm getting desparate. You don't want me in trouble with the neighbors, do you? I need weed killing. Hedge trimming, grass cutting. It's just really shaggy. Professional landscaping and all- simply looks horrible.<P>So, what's new. It's Monday.<P>Daughter starts school Thursday. Son next week. I've been buying her stuff as it went on sale. This year I'm not taking her with me for most of this. I'll let her go for some of the stuff but it costs less and takes much less time if I can do it without them. Son's school (private-unlike hers) charges $800 a year for supplies which includes almost everything including scissors and crayons for 1st graders - all I have to do is get him a backpack and a few light blue shirts.)<P>When I had money [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], I used to be able to shop properly. Now, I have no money [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] So I have discovered consignment sales. Used children's clothes. After all they either grow or they die and we know which we prefer. Then, things shifted more --- [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]REALLY [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] and I hav discovered half-price day at consignment sales. Really have to be picky but the price is right. Bought a Gap oxford cloth shirt for son for $3 Saturday. Half the best dressed children at my church are walking around in used clothes.

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Cinderella,<P>Believe me! I know how it is with shopping for the kids. We have a discount store here that sells irregular clothing. You have to look at everything but usually it's just that the stitching isn't perfect. I got my kids name brand clothing there. (2 pr. Nike tennis shoes, 4 pr jeans, 6 shirts and a pair of pj's for the youngest for $130) I saw the same tennis shoes at another bigger store for more than double the price I got them for!! Plus there's always K-Mart and Wal-Mart! LOL My oldest is wearing men's clothes now so that makes it even more expensive! YUK! YUK! YUK!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
Hey Girls!!<P>I am right there w/you w/ buying the clothes for the kidos!.....UGH!<P>I did get to Target when I was in Ohio,we don't have them here!......Wal-Mart has the market around these parts!......LOL<P>I was able to get some clothes for my youngest,he is starting K....I just can't believe it!!<P>We start school next Mon!......I am so ready now!.....LOL<P>So,what else is going on??<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Gina!!<P>We don't have Target here either. But we have a SUPER WalMart about 5 miles from my house! LOL LOL <P>I'll still have one at home. My oldest is going into the 5th grade, middle one into 3rd grade, and my baby is 3 1/2. Me and my oldest stood back to back yesterday and he is now about an inch taller than me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] That is soooo unfair!!<P>Not much else is going on...just eating my lunch so I can get ready to go to work. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Oh, my kids don't start school until the 28th.<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
Mitz,<P>I really miss Target!......(had one in Dallas!)......I do all of my shoping at the <BR>"Superstore" WM!......LOL<P>I am very stingy when it comes to money and clothes!......my mom took me shoping when I was up there for my B-day!.....She spent way tooo much money on just a few items!....LOL<BR>(oh,well it made her happy and I have some new clothes for work!.....HURRAY!)<P>It is hard to see you big boy getting bigger than you isn't it!......(although I am so short that I hope and pray that both of my children will be taller than my self!)<P>My neice is going into the 4 grade....and she is just shy of about a couple of inches of me!.......UGH....I am short but dang I think that she will be pretty tall!....LOL<P>So does your Mom watch your youngest one,while you are working??<P>I am so glad that the money that I will make will not go to day care anymore!....w/all of this going on I am gonna so need it!<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>I'm not tall either...not at all. I'm only 5'2". I always said that I wanted my kids to be tall like my father (6'3") and not short like my mother (5'1") It's so inconvenient to be short!! LOL LOL<P>Right now my mom and dad watch all 3 boys and since I work 3pm-11pm, she'll still have all three once school starts. I don't know how she's gonna manage with homework. Plus I won't get to see them much. I'm gonna talk to my boss about maybe changing shifts. I even talked to my mom about getting someone else to watch them a couple of days a week so that she'll get a break.<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
Mitz,<P>Ha......LOL......you may only be 5'2,but to me that is tall!!....LMAO,I am not even 5'!!<BR>(sometimes I do really hate it!)LOL<P>Man that is great that at least you do have family around to help you out!.......I think that it would be great if you could talk w/your boss to get a different scheduale!<P>That is one area that I am very fortunate about everything........I didn't have to get a job for the summer......stbx has paid and covered everthing....(he really is a good guy,just messed up right now!)LOL<P>I kinda think of him as being sick or having some kind of illness,thinking about it in that way helps me not get upset w/him for putting me and the kids through this!<P>Oh well,not much I can do about it!<P>So what is happening w/the get together?<BR>Has anybody said anything about when???<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gina,<P>My H is just a jerk. I don't think he is messed up right now. He's always been a selfish [censored]. I just felt like I was stuck with him. I like to think that he did me a favor by having an affair and leaving! LOL LOL<P>Everyone seems to be in agreement about the get together. But we haven't figured out where and when yet. Willbok mentioned somewhere in Canada close to Niagara Falls. I don't think that's too far from me! LOL LOL (I need to look at a map!)<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
Mitzi,<P>Well,I really can't say that about my stbx,he really is a sweet guy.....(just has his head up his a@#...right now.)LOL<P>I do know what you mean tho about the selfishness........Everything is more important and priority when it comes to things that he has wanted.....but I have learned to take the good w/the bad!...LOL<P>This week or possibly next week it should be over.......sign the file papers and done!!<BR>(jsut waiting for him to give me a call to let me know when we can sign.)<P>I am ready for it to be done!!......we will still be inconact w/eachother bc of the kids but that is ok.<P>It is sad,but I feel as tho I am happier w/out him......and on the up side he is a much much much better father then he ever has been living w/us!!....(go figure!)So that is a very good thing!<P><BR>Living up in Ohio growing up.......we could go through Detroit and get to Canada in about only 1 1/2.....or so it wasn't that far!.......we could go up there and drink being under age and it was cheeper! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am game for any where.........doesn't matter to me....I have already started putting money away....for the Air ticket!<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Really I don't need to worry about my work scheduale either.........I can pretty much say Hey,I need this day off and get it!<BR>(man,that is nice........of course won't get paid for it but that is ok!)<P>I think that it would be so great to met you,DanaB,Cinderella,Butterfly,Drew,Murph,Thl<BR>I think that we could have a pretty good time!......ROTFLMAO.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am sitting here waiting on my Tim the handyman to fix my air.......the way he is tho it will be tonight before he gets here!<BR>LOL(Although I would rather have the Yard God,or MST handy men fix it for me but beggers can't be choosers!!!.....LOL)<P>Take it easy!<P>Oh,........some time this week or next will you be ready to have a online drinking party for me starting out my new life as a single women?????......(never really did get that big bash for my B-day.......Did get flowers tho!) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

C
C
I don't do Walmart. They can shut down for all I care. Truly the world's worst walmart was just a few blocks from my house. K-Mart one block. I'd rather drive 2 miles to Target. Far nicer store. <P>I was insulted by checkout clerks. Had a baby who couldn't eat cereal but consumed vast quantities of formula and could buy only a very limited amount of formula at a time. Would prefer my children to wet their pants at that store rather than take them to the restrooms because you might catch a contagious disease in there. And the store management blamed the condition of the store on the customers.<P>It's my quarter and I won't go there if you don't treat me well. We won't even discuss the way corporate headquarters handled my written complaint.

C
C
Hi folks, checking in for the morning..<p>[This message has been edited by cinderella (edited August 15, 2000).]

B
B
Everyone been in relax mode lately? LOL<P>I certainly have been. Too much going on in this head this week!<P>But I did want to say HEY to you all!<P>Gina...Hows it feel to be back home? Hope your now all ready for school for yourself and the kids? Speak up and BE HEARD LOL<P>Mitz...What is goin' on? Keeping out of trouble or getting everyone else in trouble? LOL.<P>I suppose all of the moms are racing around to get all the school shopping done about now! Still planning your trip out west Mitz?<P>Dana...What's the latest in the life of this Italian lady? Anything fun coming up? By the way, is Taylor back to her normal self now?<P>MURPH...kind of quiet there buddy, you doing okay? Dad doing well? How about Mom? Hey Cinderella was in need of a Yard God and Stud both...sounds to me like she needs both a mower and week whacker! hahahahaha. I will do the weed whacker thing okay!<P>Cinderella...I like your idea of Nashville with this gathering thing! I think that would be fun! Not a HUGE country fan, but I do like it, and the trip to the Wildhorse Saloon (which I have seen on TV) would be a blast! I think everyone should think about this! I know that would be farther for you though Murph<P>HEY...has anyone seen a post from Chap? If your reading this Chap, check in, let us know how you are would ya? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Well I will be checking off and on today and tonight and tomorrow, but then I will be off to Sunny and HOT Phoenix for the weekend on Friday, so hopefully when I get back I will have LOTS to read about with you all! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Two job interviews out there, so hopefully a move is projected in Drews future, if not to AZ, somewhere. It is TIME for a change in the life of ole' Drew!!!<P>You all take care, best wishes for you all!!!<P>Drew [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
I did the navigator's act last night, haven't done it in a while, and east of the Rockies, the most centrally located<BR>city is just north of Nashville, in Cincinnati,. . . <P>Now, the best time to go is Jan, Feb is<BR>Disney, last of the off season rates,<BR>March is college vacation, April is Easter and soccer season has started.<P>I say, Nashville, in January, I think there is more to do there than cincinatti.<P>Now anyone rebut that, or chime in.<P>Those that will come by air, does it really matter which city, to those of us driving<BR>it does matter. I will come by air<P>Arrive Friday night, leave Sunday afternoon for us working chumps. Hey, I might still be unemployed by then, who knows, in which case I will drive.<P>any takers?<P>thl<P>

N
N
Hey Drew,<P>I'm okay...barely... still hangin'... still thinkin'... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So yes, I drop in occasionally, and it's nice to see you checking up on me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Thanks!!<P>Chap

R
R
Nashville? Sounds great. Murph and I could hit Sea-Tac at the same time and not even know it. <P>I like Country Music. My favorite right now is Mary Chapin Carpenter's Quittin' Time - it's on the Party Doll CD. Then also her song I Feel Lucky (sometimes I substitue Yucky...LOL) I turn it up really loud when I'm feeling down and do my best to drown her out with my own attempt at melody. I don't know much about line dancing - but I do like to dance? <P>Ooh, this would be fun........

B
B
Chap, it is very good to hear from you, wish you would drop in more...but hey I totally understand...I DO! Time to think, sort, and feel is what we all need!<P>You just hang in there and if ya need help or just to get some feedback you certainly know where to go...MB!!!!<P>I am glad to hear from you for sure though [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Please hang in there okay! Even if it is barely, I am sure I am NOT the only one on here that thinks about you and wonders how you are! Keep in touch okay<P>Dugan1983@email.msn.com<P>if you need it use it! one thing I have found that there is some GREAT people on here that can add some personal touch to things. Feel free to use it if you need Chap!<P>Drew!!

B
B
Hey EVERYONE!!!!!<P>Lets do it...Nashville!!!!! I am game...it has to be a fun city, lots to do, but to be honest, I would like to just meet up, hang out with and enjoy some great company with this event!<P>Be nice to have like a central "meeting" place, like a little event at a hotel or something...You know the "meet and greet" thing!<P>Cinderella...Oh Cinderella, I think people want to come see your fair royal city!!!<P>Can you handle us? I think we should DO IT. SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>What does everyone think?

711 Offline
Well, I'm joining this party a little late. Does that mean I'm crashing it? I had chatted a little with party man Drew in another thread and decided to see what was going on here.<P>Sounds like you are having a good time. I wish I had more time to keep up with these threads. What is your secret?<P>Take care!<P>

W
W
Hey Jen,<P>It is so ok........your not crashing in!!<P>Everyone is welcome!<P>It would be great if you could join in the "MB get together"!<P>Let us know what your ideas are.....any thoughts?<P>Hey....ok,Mitz I know that it isn't late,late but hey girl where are ya hideing?<P>Murph,come on out buddy!.......need your inputs on this get together thingy!<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation