Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#671365 10/10/00 01:11 PM
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Oh well...<P>In 2-3 weeks... I <I>will</I> be divorced... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>God... how I hate that thought... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>But...<BR>...we settled out of court...<BR>...yes it was hostile...<BR>...and I gave in much more than she did...<P>Now the papers will be drafted...<BR>...(should be typed up by this Friday)<BR>...she'll sign them next week...<P>...in a couple of weeks... I'll go in and sign the papers in front of the judge...<BR>...and that day will be my last married day. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I can't change history...<BR>I can't change a hardened heart...<BR>I couldn't stop the steam roller.<P>After I do the final signing...<BR>...it will be on to Plan B...<BR>...no contact should be easy... I've have no contact from her for 13+ months...<P>Now for me to learn to move on...<BR>Hone my Plan B... "make a better Jim"...<P>I must thank everyone on this and the other forums for all you've done for me...<BR>...especially for those of you have helped me prepare for this divorce.<P>Escuse me for not listing all your names right now...<BR>...I'm comming to terms. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I have found God a lot closer to me than ever...<BR>I have found you all to be the greatest of consolers...<BR>I have my children...<BR>I have a life that is blessed...<P>God bless you all.<P>You have inspired my <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum37/HTML/005998.html" TARGET=_blank>Why Marriage Builders... </A>.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim / <B>N</B>ew <B>S</B>un <B>R</B>ising<p>[This message has been edited by NSR (edited October 12, 2000).]

#671366 10/10/00 01:17 PM
N
N
As far as making a better Jim...<P>I think he's pretty good the way he is! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>...and of course, I am so very sorry for your pain... continued pain... but over soon, at least the worst of it.<P>Hugs, Sheryl<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited October 10, 2000).]

#671367 10/10/00 01:33 PM
K
K Offline
K
Jim,<P>I'm sorry for your pain, but you should take some comfort in the fact that you really did an excellent job in fighting for your marriage, and in demonstrating to your kids what the sacrament of marriage is all about.<P>God bless you.

#671368 10/10/00 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jim, <P>I am here with you.....as all of us here are..you have been a true inspiration to all of us, and you must know you have done your best to save your marriage. <P>It is a cold hard reality, sometimes, no matter what we do, we cannot bring our marriages back...it is a hard pill to swallow that's for sure. <P>But you have been working on yourself through all of this, you are the best parent you can be, and you are the greatest man and will be the greatest husband in the future should you choose marriage again. <P>Take care of yourslef and your lovely children and know that life has wonderful things to offer you in the future!<P>------------------<BR>Susan

#671369 10/10/00 01:37 PM
K
K
Jim...<P>I am truly, truly sorry as I know how much you did not want to to come to this. Married or not, you are a wonderful person & a great dad. Sometimes these things just can't be stopped.<P>I am so sorry.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jim}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Kathi

#671370 10/10/00 01:43 PM
L
L
NSR,<P>It seems so unfair. You, who have been so knowledgeable, patient, understanding, giving and above board, would have your marriage come to such a definite end. <P>I can only imagine that this chapter is ending in your life because you are destined for something else -- something greater, perhaps? Whatever it is, I wish that it brings you happiness and peace.<P>My prayers go out to you,<P>Leilana<P> <P>

#671371 10/10/00 01:45 PM
J
J
Jim-<P>I am so sorry. I feel so bad for you and the pain that you are going through. But as Kathi said, you are still a wonderful person, married or not. Hopefully the worst of it is over for you. Take care of yourself. -Java

#671372 10/10/00 02:39 PM
D
D
Jim,<P>I am sorry that you have to go through this. I have gone back and read your first few posts....you have sure come a long way.<P>I am happy for the positive changes you have made in your life, and like others here grateful for the advice you have been able to give as you have grown.<P>Prayers for you....<P>Bob

#671373 10/10/00 02:50 PM
K
K
Hey Jim,<P>Sorry for all you are going through right now. It will get better, though. You are such a help to everyone here. Thanks for all your encouragement through my ordeal. If you need anything, just holler!<P><P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com

#671374 10/10/00 02:54 PM
K
K
Dear Jim (New Sun Rising [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>I'm so sorry to hear that the final date has been set. I haven't been here very long, but I have seen what a wonderful support you are to others. So often, you never let on what you are going through yourself, and only give encouragement and direction to others. You are a man of strength and character and I admire you. Even in your sadness, your viability comes through.<P>I only hope that we can give to you as much as you have given to all of us. I'm sending you hugs for the blue times, smiles for the glad times, and prayers for all times.<P><P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers,<BR>KristyAnn<P>If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 1CO 13:2

#671375 10/10/00 04:51 PM
W
W
Love You Jim,<P>You have done all <B>you</B> could. Hopefully you can rest easy in that. What more could an honorable man do?<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

#671376 10/10/00 05:15 PM
C
cl Offline
C
hello nsr,<BR>I am sorry you have so much pain. I wish I could just take it from you. You are wonderful. ((((hugs))))

#671377 10/10/00 05:19 PM
C
C
Give me her address. I want to go shake her. <P>Jim, <P>You have been a rock for all of us and given so much of yourself to newbies and oldtimers alike. Just remember, there has to be a pony in here somewhere. <P>Something wonderful is going to happen to you, I just know it.<P>Catnip =^^=

#671378 10/10/00 06:01 PM
R
R
I too am very sorry that it has come to this for you. I have only been on MB for about 2 months, but I can tell you that when I got your Welcome posting, I knew I had found the right place to be. You touch alot of lives with your guidance, insight, kindness, and the fact that you care about everyone enough to devote your time the way you do.<P>Know that we all think of you and appreciate everything that you do.

#671379 10/10/00 07:35 PM
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
<B>NO</B> this is not a goodbye...<BR>...just recognition of those you have save my life... my sanity... my faith...<P>For those who replied...<BR><B>new_beginning(~Sheryl), K, sue(Susan), kam6318(Kathi), Leilana, JavaAllNightLong, Dynamo, Keridwen7, KristyAnn, WilliamJ(Bill), cl, catnip, Rick37</B>...<BR><B>jamie-lee, Iam4us, Jayhawk 93, alone1, Bernzini, Patient Love(Nicole), mrrlk, HurtButCoping, Nellie1, DanaB, RWD(Bob), Lor (Lor), willbok99, Just Learning, Roll Me Away(Desiree), weirded out(Kathy), SadMan, Karenna, MEDIC238(Tim), WhenIfindthetime(thl), bonnet(Jo)</B>...<BR><B>Bozos_ Deb, schizzo, justthewife(Elizabeth), weep, purplemag, firestorm, hanora, OffOnOnOff, az allison(allison), alias(lizzie/POGP/Liz Smith)</B>... my eyes are teary... but glisten in your words...<P>For those so dear... in lurkdom..<BR><B>Sheba, Paul Moyers, covenant, Guard, SDS(Di), ThisAlex, HGBrawner, Genie29, BrokenButNotCrushed, ceecee(Cheryl), Sir Hurts Alot</B>... my heart is warmed...<P>For those with whom deep/frequent discussion(s) that touched me...<BR><B>A blessed Samantha, avance(amanda), bc, Carolina Belle, Chris (CA123), LAD, LMS, Lora, lostva, MENTAL(Nancy), Mitzi, moira2, Mrs.O, Murphy, my3kids, NoTrust, professorg, Resilient(Jo), terri, trapito, trustntruth, yuki miaka</B>... my mind is filled with fond thoughts...<P>For so many other's I have been honored to talk with...<BR><B>Alcoholic's Wife, AnnC, burnedspouse, Butterfly, c00ker, Caterpillar, chick's, cinderella, cjack, CJB80, Dazed and Confused, DuncanMac, Empty Shell, Fixer95, grandpabri2, Heartpain, inamess, izzy, J Willy, jendan69, Jill, JR61, jungle_princess, justthewife, JW, Kat1, Leilana, LisaM, MF, NancyB, o2bsane, peppermint, Pilot's wife, pondvj, RC, Rcoaster, Sadpete, scandinavian, Scared and lonely, SimplyMe, soulloss, Soulloss' exH, Sparkydog, Trapped Mom, Tyra, VAR, w.g.up.h, woozy, WorthItForEternity</B>... you helped me be me.<P>There are <B>so</B> many others...<BR>...if your name isn't here...<BR>...know it has been written in my heart... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>--------------------------------------------<P>With a list of friends like this...<BR>...can anyone be more blessed... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>--------------------------------------------<P>Jim<p>[This message has been edited by NSR (edited October 12, 2000).]

#671380 10/10/00 08:00 PM
J
J
<B>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{JIM}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}</B><P>May God touch you like no one else can this very evening. Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you and they will continue to be with you. You are a great man! Don't ever doubt that! Sometimes we see things as a loss when its really a gain. I can only wish God's will for your life......<P>------------------<BR><B>Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

#671381 10/10/00 08:34 PM
I
I
You are awsome and I thank you for the support that you have always showed me on this site. May your future be filled with happiness and love. Iam4us

#671382 10/10/00 08:40 PM
J
J
I am just in awe. There are so many people, so many stories, so many thoughts and so many prayers that have touched our lives in many ways by being a part of this group.<P>Jim, I don't know you that well and we haven't had that many conversations, but my thoughts are with you.<P>Thank you so much for being a part of our lives. <P>------------------<BR>JH93

#671383 10/10/00 09:39 PM
A
A
Jim,<BR>I cried when I read your post.You did the best you could do to save your marriage.I am sorry the day you dont want is approaching.You have given so much of yourself to this forum,I know that God will reward you.Thank you for being there for all of us. <BR> Love and Prayers, Bethn

#671384 10/10/00 10:15 PM
B
B
Jim, <P>I don't know what I could have ever said that would have inspired you--I am sadly muddling through this mess my life has become, reconizing the problems that I have faced for the last 7 years long after the fact. I am completely heartbroken and I only have an uncertain future to hold on to.<P>I am standing here at work--on the production line--and I just read your post. I did start to cry for you.<P>What a decent kind man like you has to suffer with his children--<P>love is supposed to be a happy thing--why does it backfire?<P>You deserve sooooo much. I know that the future is bright for you because you have so much love and hope. <P>That's all I can say. Stay strong, and don't be sad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation