Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#672063 10/18/00 10:42 AM
J
OP Offline
J
I am not sure how I came into possession of this, but I would like to share it with you guys. Today of all days I feel like doing this.<P>Take care of yourselves!<BR>-Java<P>RESIGNATION<P>I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I<BR>would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.<P>I want to go to McDonald’s and think that it’s a four start restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks. I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.<P>I want to lie under a big oak tree and<BR>run a lemonade stand with my friends on<BR>a hot summer’s day. I want to return to a<BR>time when life was simple; when all you<BR>knew were colors, multiplication tables,<BR>and nursery rhymes, but that didn’t<BR>bother you, because you didn’t know<BR>what you didn’t know and you didn’t<BR>care.<P>All you knew was to be happy because<BR>you were blissfully unaware of all the<BR>things that should make you worried or<BR>upset.<P>I want to think that the world is fair.<BR>That everyone is honest and good.<P>I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.<P>I want to live simple again. I don’t want<BR>my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.<P><BR>I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.<P>So... here’s my checkbook and my car keys, my credit card bills and my 401k statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.<P>And if you want to discuss this further, you’ll have to catch me first, cause........<BR>......”Tag! You’re it!"

#672064 10/18/00 11:28 AM
K
K
Dear Java,<P>I LOVE IT!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Your Resignation brought a huge smile to my face!<P>I think it's totally possible to recapture that joy you have when you have no cares in the world. We create much of the havoc that rules our lives, and we can "un-create" it, too. That leaves us with the possibility of designing the life we want for ourselves -- full of imagination and creativity!! Life is Wonder-<B>full</B>!<P>Thanks ever so much for the reminder! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers,<BR>KristyAnn<P>If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 1CO 13:2

#672065 10/18/00 03:27 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I am glad that you enjoyed it!! I woke up this morning feeling a little bit blue and started to think that it had been so much nicer when I was younger and things didn't matter as much. I had found what I posted in pile of paperwork that I had been going through last week.<P>Thought that it was fitting, especially today of all days for me. <P>Take care! <P>-Java

#672066 10/18/00 04:59 PM
C
C
I quit too. (can I still file for unemployment?) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Life is short. Play hard [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#672067 10/19/00 12:11 AM
J
J
I quit too. <P>Only there was no sex in my childhood. Wait, what am I saying, there's no sex now either [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me!<P>------------------<BR>JH93

#672068 10/19/00 05:48 AM
L
L
<P>GREAT IDEA!!!<P>But who said as adults we can't drive the nice car to a park and make angels in the snow?<BR>Why can't we run a lemonade stand with our child?<P>Why can't we goto the arcade blow $30 playing air hockey and pinball?<P>I recently went on a trip and let go of all my worries for a weekend.<P>JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!<P>I vowed to do this at least once a month.<BR>goto the arcade.<BR>dress like a bum.<BR>eat junk food.<BR>act completely irresponsible.<BR>What I found is the child in me rejoiced and i felt better. Maybe a bit poorer but I don't regret the day. <BR>Can't take it with you so spend, be happy and be silly. That's the greatest part of life!<P>Being eight again, i always wanted to be older, i wanted to drive and stay up late.<P>Call in sick, take a long weekend, do something spur of the momment. Nothing made me feel more free.<P>Indulge the child inside!!!!<P>yahoo....

#672069 10/19/00 07:51 AM
D
D
{{{{{{{{JAVA}}}}}}}<P>Thanks for the story!!!!!!<P>Dana

#672070 10/19/00 04:35 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I did actually quit adulthood yesterday. I took a day off from work, had lunch with a friend, took my son to play minature golf and video games after he got out of school, and had a general do nothing day. And I've got to tell you... it was wonderful!! I would truly reccomend it to anyone who can do it just for a day.<P>It did brighten my spirits up. Now if only I could keep them up, I would be in good shape!<P>I am glad that it brought a smile to your faces. Smiles are often few and far between for some of us here.<P>Take care of yourselves!!<P>-Java<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation