Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#674670 11/09/00 10:49 PM
J
OP Offline
J
For those of you who have recently had you spouse walk away, this on is a tear jearker.......<P>Matchbox 20 - If You're Gone<P>I think I've already lost you<BR>I think you're already gone<BR>I think I'm finally scared now<BR>You think I'm weak, I think you're wrong<BR>I think you're already leaving<BR>Feels like your hand is on the door<BR>I thought this place was an empire<BR>Now I'm relaxed, I can't be sure<P>I think you're so mean<BR>I think we should try<BR>I think I could need this in my life<BR>I think I'm scared<BR>I think too much<BR>I know it's wrong, it's a problem I'm feeling<P>If you're gone, maybe it's time to come home<BR>There's an awful lot of breathing room<BR>but I can hardly move<BR>If you're gone, baby you need to come home<BR>There's a little bit of something me<BR>in everything in you<P>I bet you're hard to get over<BR>I bet the room just won't shine<BR>I bet my hands I can stay here<BR>I bet you mean, more than you mind<P>I think you're so mean<BR>I think we should try<BR>I think I could need this in my life<BR>I think I'm just scared that I know too much<BR>I can't relate and that's a problem I'm feeling<P>If you're gone, maybe it's time to come home<BR>There's an awful lot of breathing room<BR>but I can hardly move<BR>If you're gone, baby you need to come home<BR>There's a little bit of something me<BR>in everything in you<P>I think you're so mean<BR>I think we should try<BR>I think I need this in my life<BR>I think I'm scared<BR>Do I talk too much<BR>I know it's wrong, it's a problem I'm feeling<P>If you're gone, maybe it's time to come home<BR>There's an awful lot of breathing room<BR>but I can hardly move<BR>If you're gone, baby you need to come home<BR>There's a little bit of something me<BR>in everything in you<P>

#674671 11/10/00 06:50 AM
C
C
Oh man,<P>Jayhawk, this ones been killing me. It's big in the rotation on the alternative stations and I hear it about 3 or 4 times a day. <P>Thank God for sunglasses [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Kind of like he wrote it about us, huh?<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#674672 11/10/00 07:46 AM
J
OP Offline
J
I've heard the song several times myself, but never paid much attention to the words. The first time I really stopped and listened, out came the tears.<P>Now I can handle hearing it w/o the tears, in fact, I have it on one of my own Napster playlists just because I think it's a beautiful song. I've got quite a few tear jerkers in that collection!

#674673 11/13/00 03:56 PM
B
B
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one...<BR>that relates their emotional state to music...<P>I moved out of the house March 25th of this year (at my X wifes request... the divorce was final October 24th... almost 6 months to the day... the longest 6 months of my life...<P>Two weeks ago, right after the D was final, my playlist looked like this...<P>Fuel - Hemorrhage in my Hands<BR>Papa Roach - Broken Home<BR>Three Doors Down - Loser<BR>Papa Roach - Last Resort<BR>Blink 182 - Dammit<P>played loud - set to loop<P>yep, I can relate...<P>[This message has been edited by bwilling (edited November 13, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by bwilling (edited November 13, 2000).]

#674674 11/13/00 05:11 PM
F
F
My friend, you are killing me here.<P>I literally have tears in my eyes, and my heart aches.<P>Stop it!<P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#674675 11/13/00 06:22 PM
C
C
Heard it on the way into work today. Not the most masterful lyric phrasing, but strikes me as something very true. I wonder how many takes it took him to do it without his voice quivering (too much).<P>It still kills me, but the pain and tears are very cleansing...<P>I think she's so mean....<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#674676 11/13/00 09:43 PM
J
J
I've got to agree with yall about song lyrics . It seems like every other song I hear speaks to me about heartache, lying cheating lonliness all the thing I can really relate to. I can't wait till I have more in common with the love songs again. I know it will happen again some day. It's an oldie but a goodie. Anyone else remember an old song by David Allen Coe about the perfect country western song? It covers everything! My have to see if I can dig up all the words out of my mind of mush. It's humerous in a depressing way. I do have to admit music has saved me many times too. When I first get up is the emptiest and I keep a boom box in the bathroom to get me over the morning blues if necessary. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "I Will Survive", very loudly, at 7:00 a.m.

#674677 11/14/00 09:26 PM
D
D
Jay,<P>Yes, this one is pretty bad to listen to if your down. It doesn't bother me too much unless I'm having a bad day.<P>Another bad one is Your gone, by Diamond Rio (country). I won't put the lyrics up, but it is similar.<P>Dana<BR>

#674678 11/18/00 06:58 AM
C
C
Just heard it, <P>still hurts..........<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#674679 11/20/00 11:54 AM
F
F
Hey, Nick.<P>This one is just for you. There are still some songs I can't even hear, and I bet you have an idea which ones. It's just too painful. "Somewhere Out There" is one. There are even a few others that you may know. <P>Personally, I have put those songs aside, and when I'm ready, I'll listen.<P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#674680 11/20/00 03:09 PM
N
N
Actually, the entire CD is basically what we are all experiencing right now.<P>Have any of you heard any of the other songs? Like, "Last Beautiful Girl", this one says that "I will not be the last one she hurts", hopefully I am. There was another one that hits home, but I don't have the playlist at the moment.<P>My W purchased the CD..probably to memorize the words and play them on my voicemail [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].

#674681 11/20/00 03:13 PM
F
F
Nope. I haven't heard the rest of the CD. This one song kills me enough.<P>I have one other song that I will NEVER, EVER be able to listen to "Unchained Melody." Okay, very sappy, I know, but it rips my heart out, and I will never, ever hear that song again.<P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#674682 11/20/00 04:04 PM
B
B
Hey, how about the songs we listen to that help us get through the day(s)....<P>This one made me sad, but strong and empowered.... when the time had come to take charge of my life again.... to move on... to let go... to discover ME again. It helped me make it through the days when I doubted what needed to be done.<P>I still listen to it at full blast if I start to feel that tingle in my chest...<P><I>"No matter how hard I try<BR>You keep pushing me aside<BR>And I can't break through<BR>There's no talking to you<BR>It's so sad that your're levin'<BR>it takes time to believe it<BR>But after all is said and done<BR>You're gonna be the lonley one<P>Do you believe in life after love?<BR>I can feel something inside me say<BR>I really don't think you're strong enough now<BR>Do you believe in love?<BR>I can feel something inside me say<BR>I really don't think you're strong enough now<P><B>What am I suposed to do<BR>Sit around and wait for you?<BR>Well I can't do that<BR>And there's no turnin' back<BR>I need time to move on<BR>I need love to feel strong<BR>'Cos I've had time to think it through<BR>'N' maybe I'm too good for you</B><P>Do you believe in life after love?<BR>I can feel something inside me say<BR>I really don't think you're strong enough now<BR>Do you believe in love?<BR>I can feel something inside me say<BR>I really don't think you're strong enough now<P>Well I know that I'll get through this<BR>'Cos I know that I AM STRONG<BR>I don't need you anymore<BR>I don't need you anymore<BR>No I don't need you anymore<BR>I don't need you anymore...</I><P>Cher.... Believe<P><BR>Oh, and I still crank my Metalica Black Album.... especially since I found it on CD a couple of months ago.... when I wanna Kick @$$!<P>Smooches,<BR>Busty <P><BR>

#674683 11/20/00 04:09 PM
F
F
Okay, you're going to laugh, but I don't care. Laughter is the best medicine. <P>"I Will Survive" by (who else) Gloria Gayner and "Time for Me to Fly".<P>My god, is it just me, or does my age show with those two songs? Who cares, they make me feel better. <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#674684 11/26/00 05:41 PM
C
C
First song I heard today.<P>At least my tear ducts are purged....<P>For some reason, I can't change the station when that song comes on. That <B>HAS</B> to be a true story, I could have written those lyrics myself.....<P>Kind of makes his Santana collaboration pale, IMHO<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#674685 11/26/00 07:18 PM
C
C
I love that song, esp the your so mean part.......makes me cry in the car.<P>I am old enough to remember the disco hits mentioned, the "I will survive" came on a pink album I think.<P>Another song I keep playing in my head is <BR>Carole King's It's too late" esp the part where she says, You look so unhappy and I feel like a fool........and how bout<BR>Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore"<P>and there is that song by the Natale? Unbrulee? TORN......a long time ago my h heard that song, and said that song doesn't make any sense, right while I was thinking it was describing my feelings........no wonder we are getting divorced!!!!!!!<P>Have any of you guys seen the movie,<BR>"The story of us"? Except for the happy ending,and the fact he loved her, there are so many similiarities to my situation, <BR>My h just filed, we are tolorating each other for the kids until after the holidays, I got sick of the pretense and tension and took the kids to the holiday inn last night, we had a great time swimming and watching tv. It was odd how good it felt to be away from him and his <BR>misery. I am actually looking forward to when this is over, if I have indeed, made his life so unhappy, what a burden will be lifted for me when he is gone!!!!!! Am I crazy????? Today I was even thinking about what it would be like to date, I would definetly date a much older man. When I mention mid-life crisis, I want them to say, <BR>been there done that..........Hey thanks for letting me vent.......

#674686 12/06/00 07:42 AM
B
B
hey Carol14,<P>it's Natalie Imbruglia !!!!!!! tee hee.<BR>Fellow Aussie there you know.......<BR>It's pronounced Im-broo-lia<P>Matchbox 20 have just visited here, I would have loved to have gone to the concert, but I was working, couldn't afford it and don't know that I could have stood being in public when they sang that....<P>Music is one of the joys in my life, but I must admit I have one song that I just cannot listen to. It's Kiss from a Rose, by Seal.<BR>He bought me that and made it our song when we brought our firstborn home from hospital. That was such a happy beautiful time in our lives, and hearing that song makes me wonder what the hell went wrong. I just cannot listen to it.<P>That Cher song is so apt in my situaiton.<P>I suppose they all are aren't they..<BR>But, we will survive.<P>hugs to all<P>Jo

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mature), 468 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation