Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Saw posting for postion very closely related to my 10 years of professional experience in Human Resources. Not where I really want to go but...... money talks. And I seriously need money.<P>Need to fax or e-mail it today so it will not go in impecable condition. I am going to leave out the 10 years of stay-home time. What do I do with the 6 months I worked in a card shop 20 hours a week?<BR>The 6 months I've been a "worship technician?"

C
C
Hmmmm<BR>The card shop could be retail sales.<P>Not sure about the worship technician part, what were some of your duties?<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

C
C
thought this may help,<BR>On my resume for Nursing I have included <BR>1989-1996 homemaker/full-time parent<BR>they will ask about the time lapse. Besides <BR>what other profession is your job description so multi-tasked and demanding of many professional skills? I worked harder as a stay-at home Mom and what did my h give me in return????? A divorce, because I did not keep the house clean enough, or myself thin and pretty enough,,,,,,,,,,,nothing was ever enough. sorry I turned this into a vent, just having a hard day today. I say a prayer youget the job.

T
T
Thought this might help .. just my opinion.<BR>I would account for the leave I agree just list homemaker/parent. As far as your retail and technician experience. You don't really have to even list it. Most employers don't care about short term jobs espicially if they are not related. <BR>Good Luck!<BR>

C
OP Offline
C
Got a quick copy going out today because posting was supposed to end yesterday. Just saw it Wednesday evening. <P>I know it's not a finished document. Has no dates. I can provide them with that information with minimal thinking. <P>What I'm doing now is preparing a lot of powerpoint presentations and, upon occaision, running them from tandem computers because we sometimes have to switch back and forth during the hour. Do a little database work. And some clerical stuff. Therefore, it is somewhat related in terms of skills although they are different fields.<P>Don't expect anything to come of it. But if you sit on your duff nothing good happens.

F
F
Your majesty,<P>I would include your service as a Domestic Engineer and as Worship Technician and as Customer Service in a card shop. When my stbx left, I whipped together a resume, and I included relevant job duties under Domestic Engineer, such as schedule coordination, budgeting, travel arrangement and personnel management. By including the relevent things, I showed some ingenuity, showed where my time was spent (i.e., I was dependable), and showed that I had YEARS of experience.<P>I'll try to find my resume and email it over to ya.<P>Good luck!<P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

C
C
Wow, <BR>I could only hope the ad was for my office, cause our HR person is absolutely worthless. every question I have for is answered "I don't know, why don't you call corporate".<P>The job wasn't in Virginia, was it?<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

H
H
Well Cooker, you must be close to Washington, there are very few decent HR people left here...<P>Hi Cinderella, <P>Agree with all, put the years in that you were at home - could maybe even work in there, "occasional part-time work."<P>Your past experience will be the reason for an interview and your personality will be the factor that wins it. I'm sure of that - good luck!

W
W
Cinderella,<P>I had this same dilemma and my wonderful MIL took my resume and gave it to my brother-in-law who is like this big executive guy and he tweeked it for me. He put in a really good OBJECTIVE line even tho I thought I didn't need one for an Admin Asst. He said definitely yes. I also worked for a Christian radio station, volunteer. I had been told by others that including volunteer work was a good thing. He said no, that unfortunately some people in that case would get the idea I'd be throwing bibles in their faces all the time. So that was out.<P>Also, he said do not use dates that will give away your age (like years of graduation, etc.) or your marital status or anything. It's none of their business. Also, I had done a sort of little side job at one time that I had listed, and he said not to list it because it had no bearing on what I was going for. He just filled my resume up full of tips and tweeks and now it's damn good. Wish I could remember them all right now just short of finding it and reading it all off to you.<P>Good luck.<P>------------------<P>Kathy<p>[This message has been edited by weirded out (edited December 01, 2000).]

T
T
Cinderella,<P>I have been fairly successful in helping people prepare resumes and it sounds like your "worship technician" should read "multi-media technician"; "Proficient in MS Office Applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint Presentation." Those are the tools of value that employers are lookng for!<P>Good luck to you! (I have read many of your threads and I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting the job you want once you have a face to face interview.)<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 431 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation