Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#676183 12/04/00 11:03 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Wouldn't it be nice if adultery was a crime with punishments again. A thing of disgust and loathing in the community.<P>It is the only act I know of which causes such pain to others which, not only goes unpunished, but is many times rewarded by our court systems.<P>I was so hurt by my wife's infidelity, and still am, that the emotional pain rivals that which is experienced when a loved one dies. Except when a loved one dies it is a one time event which happens and is final. Infidelity never goes away, even if it stops.<P>how is it possible that one person can inflict such pain on another and receive no punishment? Is there no justice in this area? the breakup of my family tore apart my dreams and shattered my hopes. For someone like me who placed family above all else on this earth, I can say that it has ruined my life. Yet I must pay this person each month a huge sum of money so she can live in a spacious two bedroom aparment while I must rent a 10 x 10 room out of a house in order to make ends meet. This is unfair. This is outrageous.<P>Is there no recourse? Is there really no justice? I am sick of this life. And I get angrier with each check I sign and each time I see her uncaring, smug attitude. I feel I am about to burst and I'm afraid of what I might do if/when that happens.<P>Anybody else overcome this? I have decided to seek counseling for this but I thought someone else might have some words of wisdom to pass along.

#676184 12/04/00 11:18 PM
R
R
I know exactly what you mean. My W is in the middle of an EA and wants to file for a D after Christmas. We have 2 wonderful children. My family has been my life, it is what I lived and worked for. I don't even get a vote in this, it truly sucks!<P>Ran

#676185 12/05/00 11:05 AM
C
C
My x has several EAs and decided he had a chance to be happy and he was afraid not to take it. So, he goes out and ends the marriage. And I ended up having to give him more money than he gave me in alimony and I had no job. But, I had to pay off the debts ($27K)and give him $15K in order to get a quitclaim deed to the house. <P>Yeah, ain't it great sometimes. But I am better off without him.

#676186 12/05/00 11:50 AM
N
N
My ex took a loss financially, but obviously felt at the time, the divorce was going to be all worth it....<P>well now that it`s almost over, he is looking back, as he did with his first wife/divorce, (being I was his second wife/divorce) and is hating me even more, (as he did his first ex) every time he has to write and send me a check.. you see, to him, his loss is only the money.. he has no concients or remorse for what he has done emotionally to me, or our daughter..<P>But he *is* now paying big time for what *he* chose to do to our family, so I`m sorry if this sounds vindictive, but I`m glad his loss was greater then what he had exspected.. because all of this money, can never make up for the devastating loss he put all of us through.. never..<P>yes, I agree.. their should be consequences to pay, for adultry...<P>AV

#676187 12/05/00 11:58 AM
S
S
hopefull_1,<P>It sounds like you may be focusing too much on your anger. Keep in mind that the anger you have towards her is doing yourself more harm than good. It is only natural for you to experience anger when you first find out about an affair, but as time goes by you need to begin to forgive (she doesn't need to know that you forgive her if you don't think she deserves it - the important part is that you know). <P>Let me throw out my $.02 to think about:<P>1) You are divorced. She is moving on with her life (or at least trying to). You on the other hand are focusing on your anger. Do you think it bothers her that you are still mad? She wakes up and goes about her way each day, do you think she ponders your anger? You on the other hand probably think about how mad you are daily. It may come at you when you least expect it and ruin, what may be an otherwise pretty good day. In effect you are still letting her infidelity hurt you and your life.<P>2) If you look at it from a religious standpoint - we are not hear to judge. Simply put "you without any sin, be the first to cast a stone". I am sure that over your life you have upset some people, maybe seriously, maybe not. But none-the-less I don't think there is one of us out here that can say we have never "hurt" someone else. And think how many times daily we dissappoint God? And still we are forgiven.<P>Don't know if you have religion in your life - if you don't then the second part of my reply probably doesn't mean much. But even if you don't, know that the anger you have is yours alone. It will eat you up inside. But the only way to rid yourself of the anger is to forgive.<P>Mike

#676188 12/05/00 12:08 PM
C
C
It would be nice if everyone was "perfectly moral" but no one is.<P>What I'd really like is a time machine so my STBX could look into the future and make sure that what she is doing is really going to be worth all the pain she is causing now.<P>I'm sorry you are having to go through this. It's not fair, and it's not right, and unfortunately you are the one being punished.<P>Somehow I know I'll get over this, and I suspect you will too. It just takes time.<P><BR>Take care...<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation