Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
how hard divorce is?<P>I tend to not take that crap, and tell her I don't want to hear about it from her.<BR>it is just wanting sympathy, and for the WS to want that, is just crap.<P>Any good canned answers? I just need one that i can use consistently without having too much thought?<P>tom<p>[This message has been edited by WhenIfindthetime (edited December 23, 2000).]

C
C
Well, if mine ever said that, I'd probably say something like:<P>"Yes it is. That's one of the reasons why I don't want to get divorced". <P>Unfortunately she's still in the fog, so it's not likely that I'll hear anything like that soon.<P>Take care...<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

C
C
What I tell my XH every day "you made your bed now you sleep in it with her!"<P>Gets him everytime!<P>Jill

R
RWD Offline
R
We never have that much to say to each other. I basically try to Plan B when I can. When she starts with her crap, I just brush her off and say I have to go. <P>Except a couple weeks ago when I threw her out when she started *****ing about the miscommunication involving our d's bball game.<P>Hey, they don't want to be married to us so why put up with their crap?<P>Merry Christmas!!!!

M
M
Hey Tom,<P>You want good canned answers, let me give you some from Michele Weiner-Davis.<P>1. Divorce doesn't solve the problems it is meant to solve.<P>2. Divorce creates new problems.<P>3. Divorce hurts children of all ages.<P>4. Divorce is not the answer.<P>The D decree is just a piece of paper. Emotional ties with the X can last up to 10 years, that is with or without children. You don't just walk away from a M. Well, physically you can, but, mentally it's not that easy. <P>The WS is still carrying the baggage along from our M and until they realize that they must also change, they can find a new partner, but the problems will remain the same.<P>Believe me on this one. Happened in my first M where I was the betrayer.<P>Take care.<P>Tim

F
F
I'm sorry, but I agree with you. If divorce is so hard, than they shouldn't do it!!<P>Goofballs! I say they should whine to the OM/OW about it, not the spouse and family that they are breaking up.<P>(climbing down off my soapbox)<P>Sorry about the sermon. My stbx doesn't think it's hard at all--he's glad to be rid of me and goes to great lengths to avoid me or be mean when he does see me, so I must admit that I WISH he found it harder than he does. What I mean is that I wish he had some kind of regrets. As it is now, I think he just wants to erase me. <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>As for a canned answer, why don't you just give her a quarter and say, "Call someone who cares"? Too tough? How about "Then don't do it"? That should stop her in her tracks!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 518 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation