Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#677690 12/26/00 11:25 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car I will fiddle with a wire clothes hanger and ignore your suggestions that we call a road service until long after hypothermia has set in.<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running<BR>very well, I will pop the hood and stare at<BR>the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be ble to fix these things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know where to start." We will then drink beer.<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold I need<BR>someone to bring me soup and take care of me<BR>while I lie in bed and moan. You never get as sick as I do, so for you this isn't an issue<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to<BR>purchase basic groceries at the store, like<BR>milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like "Cumin" or "Tofu" For all I know these are the same thing. And never, under any circumstances, expect me to pick up anything for which "feminine hygiene product" is a euphemism.<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances<BR>stops working I will insist on taking it<BR>apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as much once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together.<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, I must hold the television<BR>remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a<BR>whole show looking for it (though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator).<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, I don't think we're all that lost, and no, I don't think we should stop and ask someone. Why would you listen to a complete stranger-I mean, how the hell could he know where we're going?<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, there is no need to ask me<BR>what I'm thinking about. The answer is always<BR>either sex, racing or football, though I have to make up something else when you ask, so don't.<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your mother come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or think about her any more than I have to. Whatever you got her for mother's day is okay, I don't need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my Mom too!!<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't.<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without it looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Because I'm a man, and this is, after all, the 2000's, I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the gardening, the cleaning, and the dishes. I'll do the rest.<P>This has been a Public Service message for Women, to better understand the Male animal, and for post-Holidays giggles.<P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

J
J
Thanks for something fun to read this morning. <P>However, I not only know what cumin is, I have it in my cupboard and use it in cooking!<P>And I have software for my laptop that allows me to run computer diagnostics on my car!<P>But yes, if you're clean and fresh, and your hair doesn't have hair spray or something else in it, you look fine- quit obsessing, and let's go to the movies, already!<P>Happy Holidays,<P>Jon

C
C
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>What on earth do women see in us anyway? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

F
OP Offline
F
Nick! Shame on you!<P>Men are our heroes. You hold us when we're crying, you fix household "handy-man" stuff, you go out and work hard to support the family, you play with us, you are the big tough guys who kill spiders, you change our oil and tires, you wrestle with the kids, you look hunky in the shower and smell great, and at the end of the night, you become our gentle lovers. <P>That other stuff is just to make us all laugh.<P>CJ<BR><P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

R
R
Yeah, Nick!<P>Not only that, but, I would put MY Marrion berry pie up against ANYones!<BR>rrunrr<BR>

C
C
CJ - send that man you're talking about over to my house. I'd love to spend some time with him. Might even keep him....if he passes inspection. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Best looking man I get to see without clothes on now is my son. He's only seven and sometimes he thinks he can't dry himself. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You know, I did have a man with a nice body in the shower at my house not too many months ago. But I was a good girl. I didn't go in to rescue him.

R
R
Dear Faithful<P>I know that you posted it in fun<BR>However, I got burned by a therapist who thought that everything in your post is true of all men<BR>I entered marriage with the strongest commitment to fairness--I think I have done a reasonable job.<BR>The only thing I am guilty of on your list regards the MIL--there I am giving up!<BR>Yes, I do the laundry, the dishes, the shopping and clean the bathroom and kitchen floors and the toilets.<BR>I don't care about the TV and I don't get lost, besides, she does most of the driving. I do not want an award, but a little appreciation and an occasional "thank you" would be fine.<BR>Sorry, I am a bit sensitive about stereotypes that many men are trying hard to overcome.<BR> <BR>Now, if you want to ridicule me for trying to make low cal cookies, I could accept that. But for the record, in most recipes, you can cut out 1/3 of the sugar and shortening and have an acceptable cookie--a greater reduction probably won't work<P>Any post ridiculing therapists for basing their work on stereotypes would be welcomed.<P>R<P>PS if you would like to title your work relating to "single men or men on their way to being single" that would be far more acceptable

J
Jax Offline
J
Oh oh.....here we go again. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

C
C
CJ - This was way too funny!!!!<P>But I have another to add - Because I'm a man, I am allowed to scratch any part of my body, any time, any place. And you can't!<P>Roger - sorry about your experience with the therapist. There's not one single one who is perfect for all people. Even if your wife won't go, I suggest you consider another counselor especially if your marriage is in trouble. Please don't be offended by this thread. It was meant in fun. If you really have all those wonderful qualities, it's not talking about you.<P>Nick - I'll tell you what we women sometimes see in men. You redeem yourselves when you hold us in your arms and tell us we're beautiful. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] We know that we don't all look like those supposedly beautiful women in magazines but it's such a thrill when a man can do that honestly. Personally, the man I dated over the summer scored ultimate points with me when he held me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], kissed me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], and told me, and I quote, "Pat Johnson was a fool." [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Java - God bless those men! What would we do without the good ones? They're out there. Just have to find him. Too bad the ones here are all too far away. But there's a chance to meet coming up next month in Nashville. E-mail me at jane_elisem@altavista.com<BR><p>[This message has been edited by cinderella (edited December 27, 2000).]

S
S
It is all in good fun!!!!!!!<P>I don't think Roger said he was upset about the post - he just wanted to voice his opinion.<P>That is OK to do, right?????<P>Smile [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Be Happy!<P>Faithfulwife,<P>Pretty funny stuff - and true for a lot of men - but not for others. Stereotypes are often funny if looked at just as that "humor". It is only when they are used to pass judgement on others that they become dangerous. And BTW, I am guilty of a couple of the comments - but not on the others!!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mike

J
J
Ohhhh.... the temptation to post on this is just too great for me and I couldn't resist! Don't worry Jax.... I am not carrying in my arsenal of witty comebacks and sexist replies on this one.... I am being good!!! (Hey there is always a first time for everything!!)<P>c00ker- what do us women see in you men??? For some reason I thought that we went through this awhile back, but just in case you men forgot, or maybe because it would just be good to say them again, here is a little of what I see in you men.....<P>You men are the things in this world that can make the sun shine brighter just with a simple smile. You are the ones that us women can find ourselves lost in your eyes. You are our friends, our partners in crime, our allies, and so many special and wonderful things that I just can't seem to find the words to define all of what you are to us. You are the ones with the strong arms to hold us when we need to cry. You are the ones who feel helpless wanting to cure and take all the horrors in my life away, yet knowing that you are not able to. You are the ones that want to "fix" all of my problems, never realizing that the best thing you can do is just to give me your love and support. You are the ones to get things off the top shelf for me when I can't reach them. You are the ones that even though you don't speak your heartfelt feelings to us all that often, or you think that you do, yet for some reason we either don't hear all of the meaning in your words or they are unclear to us, you still feel them with such a passion and intensity. You men are warm and caring, compassionate, tender, sweet and kind with a gentleness that goes beyond any realm of comprehension. <P>We may not always understand each other, or agree with each other, or down right not fully like each other at times.... We may make snide jokes and poke fun at each others sexes, but all in all you men are not all that bad. You kind of make things a bit happier, a bit warmer, and a whole heck of a lot nicer. And for that I thank you and only hope and wish that I can do the same for you in some small way. That is what we see in you, that is what we like in you, and that is why cherish the time that you are in our lives.<P>-Java

H
H
I also no what cumin is and even use it in cooking! I like the humor most is true. Now how would a Good looking man end up in your shower?<P>Any why be good?<P>Lord knows that if I had been the guy I might have wanted some company! Would not know what to do but the thought is nice!!!!!!!

F
OP Offline
F
Mostly to roger, but to all the other guys too:<P>You have a good point there. I didn't mean to be insensitive or stereotypical, and in fact I know that several of you guys have gone to GREAT lengths to be wonderful, loving, giving husbands and fathers, only to be left behind. I specifically know that roger has literally bent over backwards working on his marriage, I wanted to say right here and now that I've seen all the work you've done and everything you've given. It's literally incredible. For those of you who don't know, roger is literally saving his marriage from the ashes, and I admire him greatly for it.<P>I hope you know by now that I do post this in fun for a laugh, and not in any way seriously. It happened to pop up in my email, and I thought it was funny. Yes, it's true, I've known men who do/have done every one of the things in the list, but it was meant more as an attempt to laugh at ourselves, not a realistic or personal commentary of what I think of men. <P>In fact, if you remember, when we were having the guys vs. girls joke feud, I was the one who called a truce, because in real life, I could no longer keep writing things about the guys that I thought could be hurtful AND that I didn't really feel at all. <P>In reality, I admire all of you guys. I've learned so much from you--every one of you--and even writing this now I'm getting all choked up thinking about how much you all mean to me. (wipe eyes...blow)<P>Okay, I'm back. Anyway, I just wanted to make it PAINFULLY clear that I was just kidding around and hoping to make all of us moping people giggle. My real feelings are that I love you all, I have learned so much from you all, and I hold you all in the highest esteem and regard. <P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.<p>[This message has been edited by FaithfulWife (edited December 27, 2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation