Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
Sorry Princess, I don't know if this is too late for you or not, but just try to relax. If they ask you for your questions, it's always safe and acceptable to ask them what type of a person they are looking for or what their idea of the ideal candidate is? Remember that they have to sell the position to you as well. Just because you are interviewing does not mean that you even want the job. Try to view it as a blind date in a sense....why would you want to go out on a second date with this company? That may be a bad example, but the first interview does not have to be all about you selling yourself to them.<P>As far as the salary goes, only you can truly answer that one based on your needs. They can't ask you hoe much you currently make, and if they try, just tell them you are looking in the range of $?????? All they can say is that's a little higher than what we are willing to pay. Then you negotiate if they want you and you want the job. Most positions I have applied for will already have a base salary specified. I would always state a little higher and come down. It's easier than trying to ask for more money.<P>Take a deep breath......relax.....and just have fun with it.

H
H
Cinderella, <P>My experience has been if they add the word assistant to a title, that means you will be responsible for typing in addition to your main duties, vs. a clerk who's core duties are typing and filing.<P>Make sure your grammar is correct, I would guess they would be looking for neatness and accuracy, and how good an editor you are, catching their errors, and maybe rewrite some of their stuff for clarity to different audiences. I'm an art director and one of my "other duties as assigned" I acquired during a recent downsize, was editing - grammar, spelling, etc.; rewriting for different audiences, whether it is to go to the public or state/local government; and ensuring all publications follow standards and comply with correct style manual, any applicable regulations. Bet its on those lines. Hopefully most of your stuff will be more interesting...<P>Your outfit sounds perfect - attractive, comfortable. And I really do think you will be a breath of fresh air for them. And as far as getting a new wardrobe, you will probably find that the workplace is much more casual than when you were working outside the home before. New clothes probably won't be a worry. <P>Can give no advice for salary, like Jayhawk (hi Shawn!) I'm in a system where its all cut and dried. But I would guess they are structured enough that there isn't much play there either?<P>Questions: flexible schedule, maybe even telecommuting in the future? (geez its wonderful - been a Godsend for me) Good to now right away how flexible/understanding they will be with your schedule.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation