Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
B
Oh, yeah, Tom, I can definately sympathize with your point of view;<P>My wedding day--we get done with the ceremony, eat, go back to the little cottage we rented for the night. The Prince of Darkness throws on his PT sweats and says "I'm going to the gym for a couple hours, maybe a run. Have fun, see you later."<P>Sigh!! Well, I did marry a Marine, but that's kinda taking it too far. Nevertheless, I said nothing. He kept telling me that if he wasn't muscle-bound that I probably wouldn't love him, so there. . .<P>As for me--you would not think that I was an obsessive-compulsive person when it came to fitness if you saw me. I am one of those people who can eat a pickle and gain 10 pounds--it's a must, and I just happen to enjoy it. I am too squirrley to sit too long. And it became a way of life in my own military service--I was the only female soldier in the platoon to get the crew serve weapon--cuz I could carry it. I beat my entire company in on a 12-mile hump once--I had the radio ruck, too, and I could throw a hex-net over my shoulder and on top the truck, thanks to my lunchtime workouts. (I'm bragging now)<P>I can certainly see your point, though!!

J
J
Sorry for the delay Tex....<P>I have no problems with a man being polite, but there is also that point where..... well, for me it could get to the annoying point. I am trying to put it as bluntly as possible, no offense intended. As a friend of mine keeps telling me, sometimes it is just better when you suck it up, politly say thank you, and accept it for what it is, and always be gracious.<P>Okay, so you are polite, what some might consider to be old fashioned. I am polite too although not really old fashioned. I would accept you for who you are, I would hope that you would do the same for me. And if this whole little door thing became an issue for you, well then, I guess you could just drive all the time. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
I have a real superficial thing that I notice. Where, around his body, the waistband of a man's pants sits. Don't like the pants too high around the body - reminds me of a nerd. Don't like them too low. I can't define the right spot. There are more rooms at the Holiday Inn-Brentwood in case any men would like to come and have the position of their waistband examined.<P>I joke a bit.<P>But I do have this thing about waistbands. <P>And there are still rooms at the hotel.<P>And we need more men.

C
C
hmmm, I've always wondered about that [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Is there a scientific approach to getting the waistband properly located? I always thought a sweatshirt was the ultimate solution to that [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Now I have one more thing to worry about [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

S
S
Okay, I've been around my stbx and his buddies for too long. Men still open car doors for women? My stbx liked my "self-sufficiency." To him that meant he didn't need to go out of his way - I could just do whatever myself...<P>To a point, I agree. I'm not a frilly girly girl who has to be pampered and protected all the time. I like working on my house, can use power tools like a good construction worker, and have mucked concrete in my lifetime...but, it's nice to feel like your man WANTS to pamper you...at least some of the time.<P>Come on guys...just read our minds so you know when you should and when you shouldn't. That's not too much to ask, is it? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lisa

A
A
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JavaAllNightLong:<BR><B>Sorry for the delay Tex....<P>I have no problems with a man being polite, but there is also that point where..... well, for me it could get to the annoying point. I am trying to put it as bluntly as possible, no offense intended. As a friend of mine keeps telling me, sometimes it is just better when you suck it up, politly say thank you, and accept it for what it is, and always be gracious.<P>Okay, so you are polite, what some might consider to be old fashioned. I am polite too although not really old fashioned. I would accept you for who you are, I would hope that you would do the same for me. And if this whole little door thing became an issue for you, well then, I guess you could just drive all the time. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Java:<BR>First and formost I can eazily call this one a draw.. ;-) And I think I like your way better.. <P>Or you could give that STOP IT look. You know that look that ALL woman have. HeHEHe.. That stop it look. I crack myself up.. LOL.. No flames please..

J
J
The "stop it look"? I have NO idea on what you are talking about Tex! (yeah right, and if you believe that I've got this bridge to sell you.... well nevermind) Okay, we are agreed upon the draw. But I will prewarn you, my "stop it look" will scare you!!!<P>I will agree with soon2b_alone in that it is It is quite a nice feeling that the man that you are with does WANT to papmer you. But there are other ways then the whole door issue.<P>Nick- you know the right spot on the jeans.... not low enough to see your underware, not high enough to where they touch your ribs. But right at the waistline, top of the hip bone area. I am sure that you will be just fine in that department so please don't fret!<P><B>Question for the guys here:</B><BR>Do you MEN feel intimidated by a woman that can weild a tool on her own? What I am getting at here is this, I fix my own car when I have the time, I am the one that would switch the AC/heater every year (and no, my idea of switching it was not calling someone to come do it for me), I have installed celing fans in my house, torn apart my pipes to clear a clog, general things like that.... not girly stuff by any means. Do you find it as something that is "man's work" or would you be perfectly comfortable with it? Now- be honest here.<p>[This message has been edited by JavaAllNightLong (edited January 17, 2001).]

F
OP Offline
F
Tex,<P>What do you MEAN that "STOP IT" look? I don't know WHAT you mean. Now, stop posting to me in that tone of voice (flashing "Stop It" look--eyes throwing daggers). <P>Heehee. <P>I never have PMS, either. And if you believe that--I have a bridge in New York that I'd like to sell you!<P>You guys, take some of this politeness discussion over to the "After D Dating Etiquette" thread--it's pretty relevant.<P><BR>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

C
C
OK, right on top of the hip bones. That's where they normally fit on me (if I cinch my belt all the way up now [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>I would love to have someone mechanically inclined. I work on my cars and bikes and the house as much as I can, but it sure would be nice to have someone to help.<P>As far as being girly, I would like someone who can go from sexy lingire to coveralls and back in the span of the day. Someone who is as at home in at a play as she is blasting her bike through a mudhole. Someone who likes hamburgers as much as haute cuisine.<P>Now, I just have to find one of those [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

G
gsd Offline
G
I made a list a while back for kicks: what I am not looking for:<BR>I won't date<BR>1) anyone who wears camoflage (sp?)<BR>2) anyone who hates dogs (or has allergies)<BR>3) anyone who drives a truck with wheels higher than my car<BR>4) anyone who doesn't own a belt<BR>5) a bag boy, burger flipper, or anyone "creatively unemployed" (ie, welfare)<BR>6)anyone who has kids my age<BR>7) anyone who sticks stupid vanity stickers on the front windshield of his car ("bling bling", "i'm da man," etc.)<P>I keep adding daily. <BR>

A
A
Heck no. I not intimidated in the least. <P>I guess my question is 'How are ya with a post hole digger?' I need some help putting a new fence up in my back yard. I'll provide the beer.. ;-)

K
K
Ok, I'm gonna take a stab at it. <P>Physically - I look at eyes first. They say a lot about a person. I like strong arms and hands too but I don't like the Mr. Universe look. I tend to like dark hair and brown eyes, but that's really pretty minor. I also don't like really tall guys. I am only 5'2" so I don't want someone to tower over me. My ex-H was 5'6". <P>Personality - Someone who's intelligent but NOT a know it all. A good sense of humor is a must. Someone who enjoys talking, good movies, good music, and laughter. <P>I tend to like the more casual look. A pair of faded jeans and a T-shirt is nice. But I also want someone who can dress up when they need to. <P>I like being treated like a lady too. Not overly so, but having your car door opened is nice. Just little touches. <P>BTW, Tex...I need a fence put up in my backyard too. You bring the post-hole diggers and I'll supply the beer at my house!<P>c00ker...you're a riot!<P><P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com

S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by c00ker:<BR><B><BR>I would love to have someone mechanically inclined. I work on my cars and bikes and the house as much as I can, but it sure would be nice to have someone to help.<P>As far as being girly, I would like someone who can go from sexy lingire to coveralls and back in the span of the day. <P><BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>c00ker,<P>I think you meant you wanted a woman who wore her sexy lingerie UNDER the coveralls...a little lace peaking out from the sawdust covered neckline?????<P>Puts home repair in a whole new light, doesn't it? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lisa<P>

W
W
Java,<P>although I never worked with a female, I used to work on oil tankers and went to a military academy for it. Girls were recently accepted in the late 70's, and about half of them were engineers.<P>I have never worked on a ship with a female engineer, but they exists in droves where I used to work, and they even have made it to the top of the engineering ladder. Some of my female class mates are ones.<P>One of the women who lived down the hall from me is the first women to be a San Francisco Bay pilot, bringing in all the large ships from the ocean to the dock.<P>Nothing wrong with them. The only difference between the sexes on the ship was that females had less physical strength than guys. It takes a secure male to allow females into the traditionally male environment.<P>tom <P>

J
J
Java,<P>Having a woman around that knows a thing or two about tools and household repairs would be great. Personally, between my house, my sister's house and my mother's house, I could use the help!!!! I would also like to get into the business of buying properties, fixing them and either selling them for a profit or renting them out for some residual income. In doing so, having a partner around that can do more than just pick out pretty colors would be a lot of fun, especially during the repair stage. Someone to get sweaty with and then to get clean with......<P>Ooops, I almost forgot which thread I was on [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
keridwen, <P>Me, a riot? Nah, just a minor distrurbance. I do however have very electic interests, so I either have to find someone like me (that'll be a chore) or someone at least as adventurous to share activities with. It just wouldn't be a vacation without the waiver of liability [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Soon2b....<P>hmmm sawdust and lace? Sounds like an interesting combination. It would make for a much more enjoyable episode of Home Time or the New Yankee Workshop [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>But seriously, I really need to be with someone who has very diverse interests, but I'd also like to find someone to teach me to appreciate some other activities. I'm pretty much game for everything but skydiving. No reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

J
J
Oh come on Nick, where is your sense of adventure? <P>I've always wanted to go skydiving, but have not made it yet. Better to jump from a plane with a parachute then to be dangling from a bridge on a rubber band!

S
S
No skydiving or bungie jumping for me...hurtling myself out into open space just to prove gravity works doesn't seem like a good idea...I believe Newton...no need to test his theories.<P>BUT, as my counselor told me, I need to make stbx's loss (I'm not sure he realizes he lost anything, but I digress...) into my gain. So, I am going to use the weeks in the summer that I don't have my kids to do things that challenge me to be brave, strong, and confidence building...sort of a divorce Vision Quest.<P>Adventure #1:I am planning to go white water rafting in Idaho on a 3 day trip...camping out in the boonies...nature's restrooms...clinging to a rock if I get tossed by a wave...etc. I've never done it before but it always looked like so much fun...now, if I can just find out which week had the most single men scheduled.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Adventure #2: Sailing (warm water area - Hawaii? Mexico? California?...not sure how I'll make this one happen, but when I was on vacation in Hawaii two summers ago...we went sailing twice. I absolutely loved it. So, I'm going to find a way to make it happen.<P>Adventure #3: Travel some place I've always wanted to go but stbx never did - finances to be considered of course. New Orleans, New York City, the Florida Keys, the Carribean, Australia, Europe, etc. All stbx ever wanted to do was go camping or to Las Vegas to gamble...BORING! I want sunshine (my Washington State rainy mildew needs to dry out)!<P>Beyond that?? Who knows!<P>and c00ker, next time I'm hanging drywall wearing my lingerie under my overalls...I'll be sure and think of you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Of course the only one who'll ever see the lingerie now will be the cat...and frankly, it could care less. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lisa<BR>

C
C
Jayhawk, I'll have to add bungee jumping to my list to pass on as well [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Same for alligator wrestling...<P>Lisa, adventure #1 is a hoot, but I couldn't tell you which ones have the most single guys [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Adventure # 2 sounds fun, but I've only sailed in the Carribbean. Been to Hawaii & Mexico, but never sailed there. Adventure #3, I'd always pick the Big Easy, been everywhere else, save for down under & they all have attractions.<P>Damn, I always wanted to watch a girl in a teddy hang sheetrock [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Hey point that nail gun somewhere else!!! Yikes!<P>For me, I would like to go Mtn. Biking in New Zealand, but I'd probably never come back. I'd like to ski on all the continents, re-learn rock climbing, and take competitive driving courses and maybe do some mountaineering. Now where did I put that darn lottery ticket [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

K
K
Since we're talking about summer fun now, I wanted to see what you guys thought of this.<P>I will be unemployed as of March 31 because our facility is closing down. So I'm going to school full time now (while I work) and afterwards, living on Financial Aid and scholarships. Anyhoo, I am an Anthropology major and this summer is an archaeology class/dig on Little St. Simon's island off the coast of Georgia. I can probably manage to go, but I'm kinda nervous about it. Reasons....<BR>1) My kids will have to stay with their dad and new stepmom for the 4 weeks I'm gone.<BR>2) I will be there with 1 professor and a slew of college types (young).<BR>3) It's been a real long time since I had to "rough it". <P>I want to do it, but I'm not sure I can. Arghhh! Any ideas, suggestions, survival tips??????<P><P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation